Moving GPO Software Installations to New Server

I have a distribution folder which holds all of my software installations
that are pushed out through GPO. This folder resides on an older server whos
hardware is going to fail. I need to move all of the software installations
to a new server and have the GPO redirect its settings for the installations
to the new server without having to redeploy the software to every computer.
Does anyone know how I would go about doing this?

Thanks!

rstutte wrote :
> I have a distribution folder which holds all of my software installations
> that are pushed out through GPO. This folder resides on an older server whos
> hardware is going to fail. I need to move all of the software installations
> to a new server and have the GPO redirect its settings for the installations
> to the new server without having to redeploy the software to every computer.
> Does anyone know how I would go about doing this?
>
> Thanks!

if failure is imminent and if you are going to dismiss the old server
you could resolve this temporarily with a redirect in DNS
by pointing the DNS record for "old_server" to the "new_server"

grtz

--
This is an automatic signature of MesNews.
Site : http://www.mesnews.net

TRENDING THREADS