MSNmessenger MSI not working !!

I am trying to push out the new MSN Messenger 7 using assigned software
deployment in Group Policies for a Windows 2000 domain with Windows 2000
Professional clients.
I downloaded MSN Messenger 7 from http://messenger.msn.com/Download/ and
chose the "Download and Install Later" option.
Then from command prompt I ran:
c:\Messenger7\install_msn_messenger_nt.exe /c /t:c:\Messenger7 which created
the MSI package for me and I put it on a network share with Everyone full
permissions.

But when trying to add this package to the Software installation properties
of the Computer Configuration I keep getting - "Add operation failed. Unable
to extract deployment information from the package. Run validation on the
package to ensure that the package is correct."

- I have made sure my Sysvol has plenty of space
- all other MSI packages work and get assigned on reboot (computer policy)
- in case the package was created with Windows Installer 3, I then installed
that version on my Domain Controllers and rebooted them but still keep
getting same error.

any ideas ??

Thanks

Hello,

GPO requires unattended install. I have verified that unattended
installation modes will not supported for this update.

Thank you.

Diana Smith [MSFT]

diasmith@online.microsoft.com