GPO Software deployment not working from W2K3 Cluster shar..

Shawn

All,

I am trying to deploy an application (MSI) via a GPO to workstation. The
source path is located on a cluster share (Windows 2003 Clustering) that is
accessible by Authenticated Users group.

When the workstation boots it says its installing the application but does
not finish. I have turned on windows installer logging it shows error 1706
(Source is invalid due to missing/inaccessible package).

When I deploy the software from a non-clustered server share or from a
workstation share, it works fine. Does anybody know why I can't deploy
software via a GPO, via Computer settings, when the source software resides
on a cluster?

Thanks in advance.

Shawn

Shawn

All,

Thought I would post the answer I got on cluster newsgroup for this
issue...this may help somebody...someday

Shawn

Mike,

This is what I was missing...configured Kerberos Authentication option on
Cluster Group, moved software to cluster share, pushed out GPO for software
deployment pointing to MSI application on cluster...worked first time...no
errors what so ever.

Thanks so much for solution.

Shawn