"Activate web content in folders.." in XP?

February 18, 2005 9:55:09 AM

Hi!
In Win2000 there's an brilliant function called "activate web content in
folders" under the "Tools" - "Folder option" menu in the File explorer(My
computer).I.e if you
have a folder with pics listed,you could klick one file and get a
quick,small prewiev
right next to the filename(to the left).Likewise if you have a number of wav
files
listed and click one of them, a tiny little player appear in the "file
window",and give you a quick access to the file without having to launch it
in Media Player. This is a
brilliant function in Win200, but I can't find it in XP (Pro)..?!Can anyone
please help me?
Anonymous
February 18, 2005 1:02:26 PM

On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 06:55:09 -0800, luniman wrote:

> Hi!
> In Win2000 there's an brilliant function called "activate web content in
> folders" under the "Tools" - "Folder option" menu in the File explorer(My
> computer).I.e if you
> have a folder with pics listed,you could klick one file and get a
> quick,small prewiev
> right next to the filename(to the left).Likewise if you have a number of wav
> files
> listed and click one of them, a tiny little player appear in the "file
> window",and give you a quick access to the file without having to launch it
> in Media Player. This is a
> brilliant function in Win200, but I can't find it in XP (Pro)..?!Can anyone
> please help me?

You can stop looking. The media player feature that you're describing is
not present in XP.

--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

"luniman" <luniman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi!
> In Win2000 there's an brilliant function called "activate web content in
> folders" under the "Tools" - "Folder option" menu in the File explorer(My
> computer).I.e if you
> have a folder with pics listed,you could klick one file and get a
> quick,small prewiev
> right next to the filename(to the left).Likewise if you have a number of
> wav
> files
> listed and click one of them, a tiny little player appear in the "file
> window",and give you a quick access to the file without having to launch
> it
> in Media Player. This is a
> brilliant function in Win200, but I can't find it in XP (Pro)..?!Can
> anyone
> please help me?

Not sure what you mean - take a look at the '%systemroot%\web' folder and
you can customize the look and feel (including adding controls to explorer
etc) - take a look through the folder mentioned
Anonymous
February 19, 2005 6:24:52 PM

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 15:24:51 -0000, James wrote:

> Not sure what you mean - take a look at the '%systemroot%\web' folder and
> you can customize the look and feel (including adding controls to explorer
> etc) - take a look through the folder mentioned

There is a very handy media player tool for previewing files in Win2000
that is not present in XP.
--
Sharon F
MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User