"Activate web content in folders.." in XP?

Hi!
In Win2000 there's an brilliant function called "activate web content in
folders" under the "Tools" - "Folder option" menu in the File explorer(My
computer).I.e if you
have a folder with pics listed,you could klick one file and get a
quick,small prewiev
right next to the filename(to the left).Likewise if you have a number of wav
files
listed and click one of them, a tiny little player appear in the "file
window",and give you a quick access to the file without having to launch it
in Media Player. This is a
brilliant function in Win200, but I can't find it in XP (Pro)..?!Can anyone
please help me?
3 answers Last reply
More about activate content folders

    On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 06:55:09 -0800, luniman wrote:

    > Hi!
    > In Win2000 there's an brilliant function called "activate web content in
    > folders" under the "Tools" - "Folder option" menu in the File explorer(My
    > computer).I.e if you
    > have a folder with pics listed,you could klick one file and get a
    > quick,small prewiev
    > right next to the filename(to the left).Likewise if you have a number of wav
    > files
    > listed and click one of them, a tiny little player appear in the "file
    > window",and give you a quick access to the file without having to launch it
    > in Media Player. This is a
    > brilliant function in Win200, but I can't find it in XP (Pro)..?!Can anyone
    > please help me?

    You can stop looking. The media player feature that you're describing is
    not present in XP.

    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User

    "luniman" <luniman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi!
    > In Win2000 there's an brilliant function called "activate web content in
    > folders" under the "Tools" - "Folder option" menu in the File explorer(My
    > computer).I.e if you
    > have a folder with pics listed,you could klick one file and get a
    > quick,small prewiev
    > right next to the filename(to the left).Likewise if you have a number of
    > wav
    > files
    > listed and click one of them, a tiny little player appear in the "file
    > window",and give you a quick access to the file without having to launch
    > it
    > in Media Player. This is a
    > brilliant function in Win200, but I can't find it in XP (Pro)..?!Can
    > anyone
    > please help me?

    Not sure what you mean - take a look at the '%systemroot%\web' folder and
    you can customize the look and feel (including adding controls to explorer
    etc) - take a look through the folder mentioned

    On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 15:24:51 -0000, James wrote:

    > Not sure what you mean - take a look at the '%systemroot%\web' folder and
    > you can customize the look and feel (including adding controls to explorer
    > etc) - take a look through the folder mentioned

    There is a very handy media player tool for previewing files in Win2000
    that is not present in XP.
    --
    Sharon F
    MS-MVP ~ Windows Shell/User