Users Group + ActiveX

kyle

I have a domain user setup on a workstation as a member of the local
Users Group. I want to lockdown the workstation as much as possible.
But I need that user to be able to download/install ActiveX controls on
a webpage. How do I accomplish this?

As a follow-up question... is there a way to allow only one site to install
ActiveX controls?

Ken

"Kyle" wrote:
> I have a domain user setup on a workstation as a member of the
> local
> Users Group. I want to lockdown the workstation as much as
> possible.
> But I need that user to be able to download/install ActiveX
> controls on
> a webpage. How do I accomplish this?

Hi,

I have 1200 users all with Read Only harddrives on all my XP machines.
Eg. They have no write access at all. I have never had a problem with
the Active X downloading. I am not sure where it downloads but it runs
for me.

Cheers,
Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-Users-ActiveX-ftopict371001.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1216691

kyle

Are you sure? You may want to check that... From what I understand,
in order to use ActiveX, a user must download and install the ActiveX
component from the Downloaded Programs folder or run it through a
specified Group Policy.