Folder Redirection Policy in Workgroup setting?

Jd

Got some w2k boxes in a peer to peer workgroup environment.
Would like to apply a policy so that each "my documents" and "application
data" goes to a \\share\%users% on the computer designated to do backups.
Ya I could right click on the my documents folder and change the setting but
prefer to learn and use group policy.
Thanks in advance.

You will need a Windows 2000 AD domain and the machines to be members of the
domain in order to use Group Policy. This will not work in a workgroup.

--
Scott Harding
MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+

"jd" <jdumont@@novuscom.net> wrote in message
> Got some w2k boxes in a peer to peer workgroup environment.
> Would like to apply a policy so that each "my documents" and "application
> data" goes to a \\share\%users% on the computer designated to do backups.
> Ya I could right click on the my documents folder and change the setting
> but
> prefer to learn and use group policy.
> Thanks in advance.

Jd

Thank you.
<sigh>

"Scott Harding" <scrockel@**NO_SPAM**hotmail.com> wrote in message
> You will need a Windows 2000 AD domain and the machines to be members of
the
> domain in order to use Group Policy. This will not work in a workgroup.
>
> --
> Scott Harding
> MCSE, MCSA, A+, Network+
> Microsoft MVP - Windows NT Server

You can setup local group polices, do this by typing gpedit.msc into the run
command
"jd" <jdumont@@novuscom.net> wrote in message
> Got some w2k boxes in a peer to peer workgroup environment.
> Would like to apply a policy so that each "my documents" and "application
> data" goes to a \\share\%users% on the computer designated to do backups.
> Ya I could right click on the my documents folder and change the setting
but
> prefer to learn and use group policy.
> Thanks in advance.

Hi,

>You can setup local group polices, do this by typing gpedit.msc into
>the run command

Yes, but you will notice that Folder Redirection isn’t there for
standalone workstations.

Cheers,

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-Folder-Redirection-Work-setting-ftopict371335.html