Blue Screen and System Reboots, need help please

ladic

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2003
Something weird is happing to my PC.

So after a couple of years of not playing Battlefield 1942, I decided to reinstall and play for old times sake.

Weird thing is, Sometimes right after a loeading a multiplayer map, I get a Blue Screen with no Text and the the system reboots.
Sometimes I can play for a while and then reboots.

At first I thought maybe Video Card Drivers? so I downgraded to drivers from January 2006 and I still get the same problem.

Then I thought maybe overheating of the system? But I can run the Counter Strike Source which is more graphics intensive without a hitch.

then I thought maybe bad installation, so I reinstalled the game, and still same thing happened.

This is my system:

Ati radeon x800pro 256mb
athlon xp2500+
wd 250gb sata hd
windows xp

so anyone know why this could be? and only happaning to this game?

eRazor

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2007
Update your sound drivers to the latest possible and unplug any USB devices and test that. A number of friends have had this problem and it's turned out to be sound related, or a USB device.

Beyond that, I can't say.

eRazor

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2007
That depends on the sound card. If there _is_ an uninstall (some cards don't have one), I would do so before installing the new ones.

ladic

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2003
so is that the problem? cause I noticed as soon as I crash and reboot, and go the event view a new one of those errors appears.

so how do I get rid of the creative player?

ladic

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2003
well weird thing, played single player for about 15 minutes no problem, switch to online game and get the blue screen and reboot.

ladic

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2003
here is a new shot of a screenshot I took after playing again and got the reboot (I was able to play for about 15 minutes):

eventfinderzf4.jpg

ladic

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2003
ok, its not y firewall either, cause I installed it on my laptop and had no problems, altough my laptop sucks, so its basically unplayables since I get awful framerates.

rivalneighbour

Distinguished
Jul 18, 2006
Disable Automatically Restart.
System Properties - Advanced - [Startup and Recovery]Settings

Remove the checkmark from "Automatically Restart" in the System Failure section.

Did you apply any Battlefield1942 game patches? maybe in the game options you should set the monitor refresh rate to 60 or enable vsync.

ladic

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2003
i did apply patches, and have uninstalled and re-installed the game twice.

also, i have tried with all refresh rates that are possible in the game.

haven tried the vsync thing, were do I do that?

ladic

Distinguished
Jun 19, 2003
I removed and uninstalled the sound card, and left it with nvidia onboard audio, and still no dice.

Then removed the video drivers again and installed the ones that came on the cd and still the same thing...

im all out of ideas...