local GPO not applying until sys reboot.

I have a local server system GPO that shortens the idle time from 30 mins to
5 mins. The issue is this GPO does not take effect until I reboot the system
or manually run the enforce cmd on every server in the OU the GPO is applied
to.

Any help appreciated !!
Thanks,
KD
2 answers Last reply
More about local applying reboot

    I would try to apply that policy via a Group Policy at the OU level instead
    of the local Group Policy if I am reading your post correctly. If this is an
    OU Group Policy I would run the support tools netdiag and gpresult on the
    servers to see if any pertinent problems are found and check Event Viewer on
    the affected servers. --- Steve

    "KD" <KD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I have a local server system GPO that shortens the idle time from 30 mins
    > 5 mins. The issue is this GPO does not take effect until I reboot the
    > system
    > or manually run the enforce cmd on every server in the OU the GPO is
    > applied
    > to.
    >
    > Any help appreciated !!
    > Thanks,
    > KD

    thank-you Steve - appreciate your help. I did run RSOP but not the others so
    will try that.

    Thanks again
    KD

    "Steven L Umbach" wrote:

    > I would try to apply that policy via a Group Policy at the OU level instead
    > of the local Group Policy if I am reading your post correctly. If this is an
    > OU Group Policy I would run the support tools netdiag and gpresult on the
    > servers to see if any pertinent problems are found and check Event Viewer on
    > the affected servers. --- Steve
    >

    > "KD" <KD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I have a local server system GPO that shortens the idle time from 30 mins
    > > 5 mins. The issue is this GPO does not take effect until I reboot the
    > > system
    > > or manually run the enforce cmd on every server in the OU the GPO is
    > > applied
    > > to.
    > >
    > > Any help appreciated !!
    > > Thanks,