Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

local GPO not applying until sys reboot.

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Servers
  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 10, 2005 2:20:05 PM

I have a local server system GPO that shortens the idle time from 30 mins to
5 mins. The issue is this GPO does not take effect until I reboot the system
or manually run the enforce cmd on every server in the OU the GPO is applied
to.

Any help appreciated !!
Thanks,
KD

More about : local gpo applying sys reboot

Anonymous
May 15, 2005 10:35:15 PM

I would try to apply that policy via a Group Policy at the OU level instead
of the local Group Policy if I am reading your post correctly. If this is an
OU Group Policy I would run the support tools netdiag and gpresult on the
servers to see if any pertinent problems are found and check Event Viewer on
the affected servers. --- Steve

"KD" <KD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a local server system GPO that shortens the idle time from 30 mins
> 5 mins. The issue is this GPO does not take effect until I reboot the
> system
> or manually run the enforce cmd on every server in the OU the GPO is
> applied
> to.
>
> Any help appreciated !!
> Thanks,
> KD
May 17, 2005 2:28:01 PM

thank-you Steve - appreciate your help. I did run RSOP but not the others so
will try that.

Thanks again
KD