Windows 2000 server and XP Wireless Group Policy

I am need to fix a couple of issues where I need to lock down the ability
for a user to obtain their Wireless key when they save their wireless
settings to a USB device it allows you to have the option of checking or
unchecking the option of deleting security settings from the USB device. I
am wanting to block that right.

James Robertson
2 answers Last reply
More about windows 2000 server wireless group policy

    I am not sure exactly what you are trying to stop but if you can upgrade
    your domain to Windows 2003 SP1 [ that does not require all domain
    controllers to be Windows 2003 however] you will have a plethora of options
    for managing wireless including 802.1X and WPA that more than likely would
    eliminate your problem. --- Steve

    "James Robetson" <jrobertson@calaveras.k12.ca.us> wrote in message
    >I am need to fix a couple of issues where I need to lock down the ability
    >for a user to obtain their Wireless key when they save their wireless
    >settings to a USB device it allows you to have the option of checking or
    >unchecking the option of deleting security settings from the USB device. I
    >am wanting to block that right.
    >
    > James Robertson

    As noted here a Windows 2003 domain is required along with a windows 2003
    server to administer wireless group policies. On the client side XP SP1 or
    newer is required.

    newsgroup purposes only.
    >I am not sure exactly what you are trying to stop but if you can upgrade
    >your domain to Windows 2003 SP1 [ that does not require all domain
    >controllers to be Windows 2003 however] you will have a plethora of options
    >for managing wireless including 802.1X and WPA that more than likely would
    >eliminate your problem. --- Steve
    >

    > "James Robetson" <jrobertson@calaveras.k12.ca.us> wrote in message
    >>I am need to fix a couple of issues where I need to lock down the ability
    >>for a user to obtain their Wireless key when they save their wireless
    >>settings to a USB device it allows you to have the option of checking or
    >>unchecking the option of deleting security settings from the USB device.
    >>I am wanting to block that right.
    >>
    >> James Robertson

Wireless Policy Windows