"Overlapped I/O operation is in progres" error in RSOP tool

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
May 11, 2005 1:39:55 PM

Windows 2000 domain -

I created a group policy to add specific websites to the "Trusted
Sites" list. When I do a gpupdate on a client, the group policy doesn't
seem to take effect (nothing is added to the Trusted Sites list).

I ran the RSOP tool and get the following error:
Group Policy Infrastructure failed due to the error listed below.
Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.

Note: Due to the GP Core failure, none of the other Group Policy
components processed their policy. Consequently, status information
for the other components is not available.

I check for event logs on the domain controllers and I don't see
anything related to group policy...

I have tried re-creating the group policy with no luck...

Ideas?

Ryan
May 11, 2005 3:13:04 PM

This doesn't seem to apply to my situation. I'm able to open Active
Directory on all DCs (as well as XP clients). We have virus scanning
enabled on the DCs, and I checked specifically for the FireDaemon
services the KB article suggests - nothing...

Thanks for trying.
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 5:20:21 PM

On 11 May 2005 09:39:55 -0700, "Ryan" <rtetzlaff@osii.com> wrote:

>Windows 2000 domain -
>
>I created a group policy to add specific websites to the "Trusted
>Sites" list. When I do a gpupdate on a client, the group policy doesn't
>seem to take effect (nothing is added to the Trusted Sites list).
>
>I ran the RSOP tool and get the following error:
>Group Policy Infrastructure failed due to the error listed below.
>Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.
>
>Note: Due to the GP Core failure, none of the other Group Policy
>components processed their policy. Consequently, status information
>for the other components is not available.
>
>I check for event logs on the domain controllers and I don't see
>anything related to group policy...
>
>I have tried re-creating the group policy with no luck...
>
>Ideas?
>
>Ryan

See if http://support.microsoft.com?kbid=830064 - LDAP queries fail and you cannot open Active Directory Users and Computers in Windows 2000
applies.
Anonymous
May 11, 2005 8:47:49 PM

"Ryan" wrote:
> Windows 2000 domain -
>
> I created a group policy to add specific websites to the
> "Trusted
> Sites" list. When I do a gpupdate on a client, the group
> policy doesn't
> seem to take effect (nothing is added to the Trusted Sites
> list).
>
> I ran the RSOP tool and get the following error:
> Group Policy Infrastructure failed due to the error listed
> below.
> Overlapped I/O operation is in progress.
>
> Note: Due to the GP Core failure, none of the other Group
> Policy
> components processed their policy. Consequently, status
> information
> for the other components is not available.
>
> I check for event logs on the domain controllers and I don't
> see
> anything related to group policy...
>
> I have tried re-creating the group policy with no luck...
>
> Ideas?
>
> Ryan

Hi,

If Group Policy wasn’t working then you would have tons of errors on
your DC because the Default Domain Controllers Policy is required to
run AD properly.

Basically I would check and see if your DNS is setup Correctly with
the clients http://www.sd61.bc.ca/windows2000/dns.htm

DNS is usually the culprit when there are Group Policy problems.

Cheers,

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-quot-Overlapp...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1204755