Software Restriction

Hi All,

After trying out for a few weeks on Software Restrictions, I finally gave up
and decided to consult all the gurus here.

This is what I want to do. I want to block Zone Alarm from running in the
user's workstation. I have tried using Hash and path rule but nothing seems
to work. I have not installed Zone Alarm in the Domain Controller.

So can anyone advice me how to go about it?

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Wei Yu

I believe the problem is that Zone Alarm runs as a service and SRP will
therefore not work correctly. See if there is a service [or services] for ZA
on one of those computers and then you could use Group/security policy to
disable the service via computer configuration/Windows settings/security
settings/system services. You may need to create a custom security.inf
template via mmc security templates snapin, with the easiest way to be from
a computer with ZA installed on it. It seems as if your users may be local
administrators if they can install software like ZA. If at all possible try
to prevent users from being local administrators which often can be
accomplished by modifying some folder/registry permissions if they currently
need to be a local administrator to run some applications. --- Steve