Disable MSN Messenger in W2003

hi friends, I can disable Windows Messegner in my domain with the Goup Policy
but how can I disable MSN Messenger?

how can I disable the use of USB Drive or Pen Drives? can I?

thanks a lot

Hernan B

The following link may help though it is mostly for XP Pro. You can also use
Software Restriction Policies in XP Pro.

http://www.petri.co.il/disable_windows_messenger_in_windows_xp.htm

You also may want to try and use the disallowed Windows applications setting
in Group Policy under user configuration/administrative templates/system as
per the link below. This is not foolproof if the user has the ability to
rename the executable.

http://support.microsoft.com/?id=323525

Disabling USB is more difficult. For XP Pro SP2 there is a way with a
registry mod to prevent writes to USB devices. Other methods may include
disabling all USB ports in cmos at the computer hardware level, use third
party tools such as DeviceLock, or trying a variation of the KB link below
for which some have written custom .adm templates to attempt such via Group
Policy as shown in last two links. If you attempt such be sure to test out
to see if it works as you expect in your environment.--- Steve

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;823732
http://techrepublic.com.com/5208-6247-0.html?forumID=12&threadID=116436&messageID=1678065
http://www.networksecurityarchive.org/html/Focus-Microsoft/2005-03/msg00041.html

You can disable the use of all USB storage using tip 7093 in the 'Tips & Tricks' at http://www.jsifaq.com