Remove Printers and faxes from the start menu on XP

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windows.group_policy,microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy (More info?)

Hello there

Is there a way to remove the "Printers and faxes" from the start menu of
windows XP machines using Group policy?
I remove everything else, but I did not find any related settings to this
specific one

Any ideas?
Thanks in advance

Sameh

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

There isn't a way to do this specifically, but you can achieve the net effect
by doing the following:

Group policy > User Config > Admin Templates > Printers > Prevent addition
of printers.

Group policy > User Config > Admin Templates > Printers > Prevent deletion
of printers.

"Sameh Ahmed" wrote:

> Hello there
>
> Is there a way to remove the "Printers and faxes" from the start menu of
> windows XP machines using Group policy?
> I remove everything else, but I did not find any related settings to this
> specific one
>
> Any ideas?
> Thanks in advance
>
> Sameh

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

thanks a lot
was hoping to find something built-in in the GP
machines move frequently between OUs
was not if altering the ADM is a good idea

"VMM" <VMM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> How to hide "Printers and Faxes' from the Start Menu in Windows XP
>
> http://www.gpanswers.com/faq/?id=14
>
> Regards

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

yes you are right
the problem is
when you do that
even if you prevent my computer and all drives they will be able to search
the hard drives by pressing CTRL and E then search!