How do I disable shadow copy on client machines?

Not through the services aplet, thats not what I'm looking for. I'm trying
to remove the "Previous Versions" button from explorer. You see my firm just
created a new image for approx. 65 machines. After installing SP2 and
applying all the updates from Microsoft (minus the malicious software removal
tool) shadow copy had been installed and the previous versions button was
available to our users. We do run VSS on our file server but certainley
don't want every user to be able to restore previous versions of a file at a
whim. Does anyone know how to disable/uninstall shadow copy on the clients,
or at least know how to use group policy perhaps to hide the previous
versions tab???

Thanks in advance!!!

"davekowal" wrote:
> Not through the services aplet, thats not what I'm looking
> for. I'm trying
> to remove the "Previous Versions" button from explorer. You
> see my firm just
> created a new image for approx. 65 machines. After installing
> SP2 and
> applying all the updates from Microsoft (minus the malicious
> software removal
> tool) shadow copy had been installed and the previous versions
> button was
> available to our users. We do run VSS on our file server but
> certainley
> don't want every user to be able to restore previous versions
> of a file at a
> whim. Does anyone know how to disable/uninstall shadow copy
> on the clients,
> or at least know how to use group policy perhaps to hide the
> previous
> versions tab???
>
> Thanks in advance!!!

Hi,

It is a client.

Add Remove Programs - Shadow Copy Client - Uninstall

Cheers,

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-disable-shadow-copy-client-machines-ftopict374049.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1216693