gpo to disable menu -> tools (ie6)

dear gpo-gurus,
i could not find a gpo to disable the 'tools'-menu in the internet explorer.
is there a gpo to do that or do i have to create a special registry-adm.
please not: i'd like to disable the whole menu entry tools.

thanx alot
tim
3 answers Last reply
More about disable menu tools

    "Tim Moor" wrote:
    > dear gpo-gurus,
    > i could not find a gpo to disable the 'tools'-menu in the
    > internet explorer.
    > is there a gpo to do that or do i have to create a special
    > registry-adm.
    > please not: i'd like to disable the whole menu entry tools.
    >
    > thanx alot
    > tim

    Hi,

    You can pretty much block everything "in" the tools menu. What are
    you specifically worried about? All the settings are in
    User Config-Admin Templates-Windows Components-Internet Explorer.

    Cheers,

    Lara

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-gpo-disable-menu-gt-tools-ie6-ftopict374140.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1216692

    i'd like to avoid, that users (in our ts-environment) try to configure mail
    / news which can be launched from extras !

    thank you
    tim

    "Tim Moor" wrote:
    > i'd like to avoid, that users (in our ts-environment) try to
    > configure mail
    > / news which can be launched from extras !
    >
    > thank you
    > tim
    >

    > "lforbes" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> schrieb im
    > Newsbeitrag
    > > "Tim Moor" wrote:
    >  > > dear gpo-gurus,
    >  > > i could not find a gpo to disable the 'tools'-menu
    > in the
    >  > > internet explorer.
    >  > > is there a gpo to do that or do i have to create a
    > special
    >  > > registry-adm.
    >  > > please not: i'd like to disable the whole menu
    > entry tools.
    >  > >
    >  > > thanx alot
    >  > > tim
    > >
    > > Hi,
    > >
    > > You can pretty much block everything "in" the tools menu.
    > What are
    > > you specifically worried about? All the settings are in
    > > User Config-Admin Templates-Windows Components-Internet
    > Explorer.
    > >
    > > Cheers,
    > >
    > > Lara
    > >
    > > --
    > > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
    > request
    > standards
    > > Topic URL:
    > http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-gpo-disable-menu-gt-tools-ie6-ftopict374140.html
    > > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
    > abuse:

    Hi,

    The way to do that is set security on Outlook Express. I have a xcacls
    script that runs on startup and sets the security on Outlook Express
    folder to System and Administrator = Full Control. No one else has
    access to it.

    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;825751

    Put in batch file and set as startup script.

    cscript.exe \\server\Netlogon\xcacls.vbs "C:\Program
    Files\Outlook Express" /T /P BUILTIN\Administrators:F /P
    BUILTIN\System:F /L /R BUILTIN\Users c:\xcacls.log

    Cheers,

    Lara

Internet Explorer Windows