gpo to disable menu -> tools (ie6)

dear gpo-gurus,
i could not find a gpo to disable the 'tools'-menu in the internet explorer.
is there a gpo to do that or do i have to create a special registry-adm.
please not: i'd like to disable the whole menu entry tools.

thanx alot
tim

"Tim Moor" wrote:
> dear gpo-gurus,
> i could not find a gpo to disable the 'tools'-menu in the
> internet explorer.
> is there a gpo to do that or do i have to create a special
> registry-adm.
> please not: i'd like to disable the whole menu entry tools.
>
> thanx alot
> tim

Hi,

You can pretty much block everything "in" the tools menu. What are
you specifically worried about? All the settings are in
User Config-Admin Templates-Windows Components-Internet Explorer.

Cheers,

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-gpo-disable-menu-gt-tools-ie6-ftopict374140.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1216692

i'd like to avoid, that users (in our ts-environment) try to configure mail
/ news which can be launched from extras !

thank you
tim

"Tim Moor" wrote:
> i'd like to avoid, that users (in our ts-environment) try to
> configure mail
> / news which can be launched from extras !
>
> thank you
> tim
>

> "lforbes" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag
> > "Tim Moor" wrote:
>  > > dear gpo-gurus,
>  > > i could not find a gpo to disable the 'tools'-menu
> in the
>  > > internet explorer.
>  > > is there a gpo to do that or do i have to create a
> special
>  > > registry-adm.
>  > > please not: i'd like to disable the whole menu
> entry tools.
>  > >
>  > > thanx alot
>  > > tim
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > You can pretty much block everything "in" the tools menu.
> What are
> > you specifically worried about? All the settings are in
> > User Config-Admin Templates-Windows Components-Internet
> Explorer.
> >
> > Cheers,
> >
> > Lara
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
> request
> standards
> > Topic URL:
> http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-gpo-disable-menu-gt-tools-ie6-ftopict374140.html
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
> abuse:

Hi,

The way to do that is set security on Outlook Express. I have a xcacls
script that runs on startup and sets the security on Outlook Express
folder to System and Administrator = Full Control. No one else has
access to it.

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;825751

Put in batch file and set as startup script.

cscript.exe \\server\Netlogon\xcacls.vbs "C:\Program
Files\Outlook Express" /T /P BUILTIN\Administrators:F /P
BUILTIN\System:F /L /R BUILTIN\Users c:\xcacls.log

Cheers,

Lara