Hex

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2004
Yes, I own one and I posted my review just a day or two ago.
Anyhoo, I don't have an 8800GTX installed, so I can't give ya any advice on that specifically.

Rotton,

I think you would be very pleased with the Lian Li case. I just bought my first Lian Li case about a week ago, and I was very impressed.

This is the case I bought. (PC-7A plus II Silver)
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.asp?Item=N82E16811112068

It's great because it's 99.9% Metal. There's alittle plastic strip at the top but that doesn't bother me. I'm a big fan of metal cases. I hate these "kids" cases with that cheap a$$ looking plastic **** on 'em.

Anyway, I wrote a review on the case and posted it on Newegg, and I'll post it here for you. Hope this helps.

Pros:
Looks - plain/simple but beautiful and Very stylish (No cheap outer-space looking Buzz-Lightyear plastic sh!t)
Lightweight - Approximately 15 lbs. (Empty)
Very well crafted and designed - everything lines up and fits together snugly and securely
Layout makes this mid-size case very roomy for easy component installation
Plenty of screws, thumb screws, and other fasteners (Gotta love thumb screws)
Plenty of small holes in the case to simplify routing and securing wires/cables with zip-ties
Removable PowerSupply Backplate - makes for easy installation of the powersupply from the rear of case
Four Rubber feet - Sits securely on floor without scrathing bottom of case
Front USB cables are equiped with an extra individual wire extension - for those odd-ball motherboards
Top 80 mm vent - *NOTE* this is a VENT not a fan, but it gives you the option of installing a case fan if needed.
I installed the Vantec Tornado (80 mm - 84 CFM) and it fits nicely. It doesn't crowd the PSU nor the top ROM drive.

Cons:
The lightweight aluminum is thin, alittle flimsy, and is somewhat easy to damage (dent / scratch).
Several out-of-the-way sharp edges - I didn't get sliced, but there are a few minor vulnerable exposed edges.
3.5 inch Floppy bay - I use those for extra harddrive bays, but to do so, you have to remove the bay cover.
Front Multi-Media Port cover fits alittle too snug - had to apply somewhat excessive force to close it

Biggest Con of all: Extremely Small Reset Button!
The Reset button is about 1/4 inch (6.35mm) in diameter and it has to be pushed inward about 1/4 inch to activate the switch.
Perhaps for some users, that's not a problem, but for me being an adult male, my hands/fingers are large and I can barely push the Reset button in with my pinky. Luckily my desk is cluttered with an abundance of writting utensils, so I just use the eraser end of a pencil to press the Reset button if needed.

Other Thoughts:
I found a few cons after going over the case in great detail and nit-picking, but none are very significant.
I only noted them to inform you, the reader.

I guess the real and most important question would be: "Would I buy this case again?" The answer is ABSOLUTELY!
To date, this is the best case I've owned. It's great, and perfect for my use.

sillywabbit

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2006
Great, thanks for your reply. Case is currently on sale at newegg---$30 off. It looks like if the video card will line up between the harddrive bays and the 5.25" bays, just removing the floppy cages would provide the room needed for a longer video card.