My specs:

Asrock 939Dual-Vsta
3700+ San Diego
2 x 512mb OCZ Premium PC3200 2.5,3,3,7 Dual Channel Kit
Stock HSF
Ati x800xl (r420)
40gb 7200 HDD
250gb 7200 HDD
Enermax 485 Noisetaker (2 12v rails with 18 on each)
Windows x64 (only recently, i had windows xp for months and the problem was the same)

When I had my Asus A8VMX, my memory was more than happy to run at 230Mhz with my cpu running around 2.65Ghz.

But with this motherboard the memory will only run at 200mhz when the cpu is at stock speeds... it refuses to run past 200 period... crashes the computer if i push it a little bit... and when I have the cpu overclocked it finds MODERATE stability at 186Mhz or lower

changing the timings doesn't seem to make much of a difference.

I am trying to achieve 2.8Ghz on the cpu which I had stable for 30min in prime 95... then canceled it and brought the mem from 186 to 200.x and it failed prime in under a minute... when i returned the memory speed back to 186mhz, it failed in under a minute

CPU at 2.8Ghz is stock 1.4v and im giving it 1.55V
Memroy stock voltage is 2.6 and Im feeding it 2.8v
Northbridge voltage is HIGH
Southbridge voltage is HIGH

CPU temps are about 30C Idle and 40C under load.

Does anyone know why I was once able to get a nice memory overclock on my Asus board with stock voltages... but with my Asrock board, even with increased voltage, I just cannot get stability.

Please help... this is very frustrating

Mondoman

Splendid
Does anyone know why I was once able to get a nice memory overclock on my Asus board with stock voltages... but with my Asrock board, even with increased voltage, I just cannot get stability....
I think you've pointed it out yourself. Asus is a first-tier brand and the Asus motherboard is higher-quality with a 2nd-tier chipset. The Asrock is a cheaper, lower-quality MB with a third-tier chipset.