Cannot select dual boot in windows 7

windowsxp7

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
Hello, I installed Windows 7 on a separate drive from Windows XP. On booting the computer the two operating systems appear but I cannot used the arrow or tab key etc to select the operating system. It defaults to Windows 7 after 30 seconds.

Solution
u might have a problem with Legacy USB keyboard support (if your keyboard is USB) i had the same issue with my old system.. try to enable it in BIOS. But if its enabled then try to use your keyboard in the PS/2 port with an addapter

windowsxp7

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011
check out the guide here:
http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/8790/dual-boot-your-pre-installed-windows-7-computer-with-xp/
this may help you...!
Best of Luck

Hi skipper thank you for your response. It is the last screen on the link that's causing me problem. The arrow, tab and tab keys, F8 all do not work. Still trying each time I boot up - pressed all possible keys, but couldn't move from the default. Hope you can help.

crisan_tiberiu

Distinguished
Nov 22, 2010
u might have a problem with Legacy USB keyboard support (if your keyboard is USB) i had the same issue with my old system.. try to enable it in BIOS. But if its enabled then try to use your keyboard in the PS/2 port with an addapter

Solution

windowsxp7

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2011

Hi Crisan_tiberu Thank you! That solved my problem.

TRENDING THREADS