Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Unresolved Appointments due to missing contacts - sync wit..

Last response: in Cell Phones & Smartphones
April 26, 2005 9:53:53 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I sync my iPAQ 5555 between 2 computers (Home & Work) using Activesync 3.8
and Outlook 2003:

At Home - I sync: Contacts; Tasks; Calendar; AvantGo; Files

At Work - I sync: Tasks; Calendar; files

Sync at work works fine but when I get home I get many unresolved Calendar
entries because Activesync cannot find the email addresses of meeting
invitees in my home Contacts - all work contacts are on a server based
company address book so I cannot sync this with my iPAQ. This only happens
with meetings that I have created at work not those that other people have
created and invited me to - I never had this issue with Outlook 2002 and
Activesync 3.7 - Activesync did not seem to care who the meeting attendees
were but with the latest versions I get these issues.

Please help - I so far have 28 unresolved Calendar entries that don't appear
on my home outlook.....................any ideas what has happened?

May 9, 2005 1:06:45 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

Sadly, it appears that the only way around this would be to have a full
list of contacts in your home PC (ie - all the people that attend your work
Copy them from your network to your work PC contacts list, sync to your PPC
and then sync your PPC to your home PC.
Most probably AS won't automatically recognize the contacts when you sync
at home, and you'll have to manually "assign" the name from your contacts
list to each unresolved contact that pops up. Worst, you'll have to do this
for each and every meeting. For some reason or other, AS doesn't do this
automatically. A real nightmare.


Message posted via
May 9, 2005 1:14:44 PM

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.pocketpc (More info?)

I forgot to mention that apparently this happens because AS looks (in your
home PC) for the exact name + email address as they appear in your meetings
(and this info comes from your work PC).
So that even if you assign a fake email address to the unresolved contacts,
it won't solve the problem.
I tried various solutions, and all items were resolved only after I synched
the contacts as I explained above.
Even so, after I succeeded in resolving about 30 meetings, the next time I
synched, there were new meetings to resolve.... and each and every time I
had to do the manual assignment. Still haven't worked out why his is so.
I did notice that the "unresolved contact" popup displays the contact name
as first + last name, while when I open the "show more names" window, all
contacts are displayed as last + first name, and the cursor stands at this
1st contact whose last name begins with the 1st letter of the 1st name of
the unresolved contact.
What a mess.....

Message posted via