Event ID: 1000
Date: 4/26/2005
Time: 8:46:02 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: WCOLADC1
Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. Return value (1326).

Thanks for any replies.

What servers are you pointing this box to for DNS?
"MadDog1964" <maddog1964@news.postalias> wrote in message
> Greetings,
>
> I am still receiving event id 1000 error messages and have exhausted my
> resources at this point. I originally posted this issue in the Active
> Directory discussion group (Windows Cannot Determine the User or Computer
> Name 4/26 & 5/3). It appears that the only server I receive this error on
> is
> a recently installed DC, which was about a month ago. Here's the error:
>
> Event Type: Error
> Event Source: Userenv
> Event Category: None
> Event ID: 1000
> Date: 4/26/2005
> Time: 8:46:02 AM
> User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
> Computer: WCOLADC1
> Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. Return value (1326).
>

> Thanks for any replies.

Hi Ken and thanks for the response.

I originally had it set to the fsmo role holder dc, with it's own ip address
as a secondary. During the process of troubleshooting, I eliminated it and
kept the primary.

"Ken B" wrote:

> What servers are you pointing this box to for DNS?
> "MadDog1964" <maddog1964@news.postalias> wrote in message
> > Greetings,
> >
> > I am still receiving event id 1000 error messages and have exhausted my
> > resources at this point. I originally posted this issue in the Active
> > Directory discussion group (Windows Cannot Determine the User or Computer
> > Name 4/26 & 5/3). It appears that the only server I receive this error on
> > is
> > a recently installed DC, which was about a month ago. Here's the error:
> >
> > Event Type: Error
> > Event Source: Userenv
> > Event Category: None
> > Event ID: 1000
> > Date: 4/26/2005
> > Time: 8:46:02 AM
> > User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
> > Computer: WCOLADC1
> > Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. Return value (1326).
> >

> > Thanks for any replies.

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

Check out this link... maybe helpful.
http://www.webservertalk.com/message210521.html

"MadDog1964" wrote:

> Hi Ken and thanks for the response.
>
> I originally had it set to the fsmo role holder dc, with it's own ip address
> as a secondary. During the process of troubleshooting, I eliminated it and
> kept the primary.
>
> "Ken B" wrote:
>
> > What servers are you pointing this box to for DNS?
> > "MadDog1964" <maddog1964@news.postalias> wrote in message
> > > Greetings,
> > >
> > > I am still receiving event id 1000 error messages and have exhausted my
> > > resources at this point. I originally posted this issue in the Active
> > > Directory discussion group (Windows Cannot Determine the User or Computer
> > > Name 4/26 & 5/3). It appears that the only server I receive this error on
> > > is
> > > a recently installed DC, which was about a month ago. Here's the error:
> > >
> > > Event Type: Error
> > > Event Source: Userenv
> > > Event Category: None
> > > Event ID: 1000
> > > Date: 4/26/2005
> > > Time: 8:46:02 AM
> > > User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
> > > Computer: WCOLADC1
> > > Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. Return value (1326).
> > >

> > > Thanks for any replies.

ken,

Thanks for the link, but it didn't work for me. A couple of things were
mentioned...using an internal dns addres (we do) and looking for scheduled
tasks where the user is disabled (we don't...).

Any other ideas?