Event ID: 1000
Date: 4/26/2005
Time: 8:46:02 AM
User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
Computer: WCOLADC1
Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. Return value (1326).

Thanks for any replies.
More about unresolved event 1000 error

    What servers are you pointing this box to for DNS?
    "MadDog1964" <maddog1964@news.postalias> wrote in message
    > Greetings,
    >
    > I am still receiving event id 1000 error messages and have exhausted my
    > resources at this point. I originally posted this issue in the Active
    > Directory discussion group (Windows Cannot Determine the User or Computer
    > Name 4/26 & 5/3). It appears that the only server I receive this error on
    > is
    > a recently installed DC, which was about a month ago. Here's the error:
    >
    > Event Type: Error
    > Event Source: Userenv
    > Event Category: None
    > Event ID: 1000
    > Date: 4/26/2005
    > Time: 8:46:02 AM
    > User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    > Computer: WCOLADC1
    > Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. Return value (1326).
    >

    > Thanks for any replies.

    Hi Ken and thanks for the response.

    I originally had it set to the fsmo role holder dc, with it's own ip address
    as a secondary. During the process of troubleshooting, I eliminated it and
    kept the primary.

    "Ken B" wrote:

    > What servers are you pointing this box to for DNS?
    > "MadDog1964" <maddog1964@news.postalias> wrote in message
    > > Greetings,
    > >
    > > I am still receiving event id 1000 error messages and have exhausted my
    > > resources at this point. I originally posted this issue in the Active
    > > Directory discussion group (Windows Cannot Determine the User or Computer
    > > Name 4/26 & 5/3). It appears that the only server I receive this error on
    > > is
    > > a recently installed DC, which was about a month ago. Here's the error:
    > >
    > > Event Type: Error
    > > Event Source: Userenv
    > > Event Category: None
    > > Event ID: 1000
    > > Date: 4/26/2005
    > > Time: 8:46:02 AM
    > > User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    > > Computer: WCOLADC1
    > > Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. Return value (1326).
    > >

    > > Thanks for any replies.

    Check out this link... maybe helpful.
    http://www.webservertalk.com/message210521.html

    "MadDog1964" wrote:

    > Hi Ken and thanks for the response.
    >
    > I originally had it set to the fsmo role holder dc, with it's own ip address
    > as a secondary. During the process of troubleshooting, I eliminated it and
    > kept the primary.
    >
    > "Ken B" wrote:
    >
    > > What servers are you pointing this box to for DNS?
    > > "MadDog1964" <maddog1964@news.postalias> wrote in message
    > > > Greetings,
    > > >
    > > > I am still receiving event id 1000 error messages and have exhausted my
    > > > resources at this point. I originally posted this issue in the Active
    > > > Directory discussion group (Windows Cannot Determine the User or Computer
    > > > Name 4/26 & 5/3). It appears that the only server I receive this error on
    > > > is
    > > > a recently installed DC, which was about a month ago. Here's the error:
    > > >
    > > > Event Type: Error
    > > > Event Source: Userenv
    > > > Event Category: None
    > > > Event ID: 1000
    > > > Date: 4/26/2005
    > > > Time: 8:46:02 AM
    > > > User: NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM
    > > > Computer: WCOLADC1
    > > > Windows cannot determine the user or computer name. Return value (1326).
    > > >

    > > > Thanks for any replies.

    ken,

    Thanks for the link, but it didn't work for me. A couple of things were
    mentioned...using an internal dns addres (we do) and looking for scheduled
    tasks where the user is disabled (we don't...).

    Any other ideas?

    "Ken" wrote:

    > Check out this link... maybe helpful.
    > http://www.webservertalk.com/message210521.html
    >
    > "MadDog1964" wrote:
    >
    > > Hi Ken and thanks for the response.
    > >
    > > I originally had it set to the fsmo role holder dc, with it's own ip address
    > > as a secondary. During the process of troubleshooting, I eliminated it and
    > > kept the primary.
    > >
    > > "Ken B" wrote:
    > >
    > > > What servers are you pointing this box to for DNS?
    > > > "MadDog1964" <maddog1964@news.postalias> wrote in message

Computers Microsoft Event Id Windows