Access Denied to create or edit in Group Policy Management

I have a 2003 SBS installation in which Group Policy Managment snap-in
can be opened, but if I try to create a new GPO or edit an existing, I
receive an error that access is denied. I've tried with the original
administrator user account, which is also a member of the domain admin
and enterprise admin groups. I've also tried using a new user account,
which I've added to those same groups. Any help would be
appreciated... thanks!

check share permissions on the SYSVOL share.
administrators and system must have full control.

--
Glenn LeCheminant
CCNA, MCSE 2000/2003 + Security