....at least, I think it's new, since it's Council. If it's a rewrite of
an older 5th mission, nevah mind.

I went to Stephanie Peebles in Striga (the starting contact for everyone
in that zone), who said I had exceeded her level and send me to Long
Jack, who said the same thing and sent me to Mario somebody, who is
standing like an idiot in the middle of a graveyard full of Council
Wolves. :)

Third mission from him is a *doozy*. You have to go into a Council lab
where they are making Vampyri. At level 29, bumped up to "Rugged" on the
mission slider, destroying each of the transformation capsules generated
a whopping 2500 XP. And there are plenty of yellow/orange foes to go
around.

However, the mission appears to be buggy, and some heads-ups:

1) The maps are incomplete. I don't know if this is deliberate or not,
but the maps draw in only for the corridors, not for each of the VERY
complex, multilevel rooms.

2) You have to destroy all the zombies each capsule produces to complete
its destruction.

3) Some of the capsules come two to a room and aggro, thus producing
zombies, at the same time.

4) Some capsules produced yellows, others produced oranges... and it was
when I ran into a dual orange-maker set that I had to bail.

5) Oh, yes, bailing... you can't. You go in the door to a small chamber
with a chute you drop down. You're in another small chamber with a chute.
You drop down into the main mission map. There is no way back, that I
could find. It's complete or die.

I destroyed about six of the nine capsules and racked up an incredible
amount of XP and enhancements, but had to run to a quiet spot and quit
when the double-orange-crush machine started running. I don't think I
could finish this one solo, so I'm going back in (with great glee)
tonight.

I /bugged the incomplete map.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-

Shenanigunner wrote:
> ...at least, I think it's new, since it's Council. If it's a rewrite
of
> an older 5th mission, nevah mind.
>
> I went to Stephanie Peebles in Striga (the starting contact for
everyone
> in that zone), who said I had exceeded her level and send me to Long
> Jack, who said the same thing and sent me to Mario somebody, who is
> standing like an idiot in the middle of a graveyard full of Council
> Wolves. :)

How do you find Stephanie Peebles? I've been to Striga a couple time
and I'm darned if I can locate her.

Shenanigunner wrote:
> "Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > How do you find Stephanie Peebles? I've been to Striga a couple
time
> > and I'm darned if I can locate her.
>
> She's standing in an alcove of a brick building, right off a street,
not
> too far from the landing spot. I'll note her coordinates next time
I'm on,
> but someone else might have them on tap.

Thanks knowing she was in an alcove of brick building helped me find
her. The features update was pretty vague, and she didn't show up on
the map until I talked to her. Problem solved.

"Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com> wrote:
> How do you find Stephanie Peebles? I've been to Striga a couple time
> and I'm darned if I can locate her.

She's standing in an alcove of a brick building, right off a street, not
too far from the landing spot. I'll note her coordinates next time I'm on,
but someone else might have them on tap.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
-= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 7 Natural Tanker, Inv/Stone, H =-

"Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Thanks knowing she was in an alcove of brick building helped me find
> her. The features update was pretty vague, and she didn't show up on
> the map until I talked to her. Problem solved.

That was the clue that helped me find her, too. Damn, was just there and
forgot to note her coords for the general record.

--

Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> wrote in

> ...at least, I think it's new, since it's Council. If it's a
> rewrite of an older 5th mission, nevah mind.
>
> I went to Stephanie Peebles in Striga (the starting contact for
> everyone in that zone), who said I had exceeded her level and send
> me to Long Jack, who said the same thing and sent me to Mario
> somebody, who is standing like an idiot in the middle of a
> graveyard full of Council Wolves. :)

I too have leveled (36 now) past the contacts on Striga, but a
friend, at 25 was on, and I joined her.

The contact that gave her this mission was Tobias Hansen, and he can
stand in the graveyard because he's dead.

Or real close.

> Third mission from him is a *doozy*. You have to go into a Council
> lab where they are making Vampyri. At level 29, bumped up to
> "Rugged" on the mission slider, destroying each of the
> transformation capsules generated a whopping 2500 XP. And there
> are plenty of yellow/orange foes to go around.

And those bad guys running around (marathoners is what I call them)
on the island? Well, the vamps run around in the halls of this
mission. Not patrolling, running. Had two of them just suddenly
appear on us, when up and down the halls was nothing.

Be real careful when you get by the machine. I jumped into the room,
and ended up either inside it, or stuck behind it. All I could do was
hit whatever was closest, as I could not see anything except the grey
metal of the case that filled my 19" screen at 1280x1024.

> However, the mission appears to be buggy, and some heads-ups:
>
> 1) The maps are incomplete. I don't know if this is deliberate or
> not, but the maps draw in only for the corridors, not for each of
> the VERY complex, multilevel rooms.

Incomplete?

It completely failed. It started to draw, and then gave up.

> 2) You have to destroy all the zombies each capsule produces to
> complete its destruction.

And the cowards run out of the room when they go low on HP. And then
they hide. They only came back after about 5 minutes.

> 3) Some of the capsules come two to a room and aggro, thus
> producing zombies, at the same time.

We had three in one room area, right next to the lvl 26 boss (he was
orange to me, probably red to my partner).

> 4) Some capsules produced yellows, others produced oranges... and
> it was when I ran into a dual orange-maker set that I had to bail.
>
> 5) Oh, yes, bailing... you can't. You go in the door to a small
> chamber with a chute you drop down. You're in another small
> chamber with a chute. You drop down into the main mission map.
> There is no way back, that I could find. It's complete or die.

You can get back, it's just really hard if you don't have
fly/hover/super jump. And since the map was busted, you REALLY have
to remember the way out.

> I destroyed about six of the nine capsules and racked up an
> incredible amount of XP and enhancements, but had to run to a
> quiet spot and quit when the double-orange-crush machine started
> running. I don't think I could finish this one solo, so I'm going
> back in (with great glee) tonight.
>
> I /bugged the incomplete map.

After I got stuck in the one case, with these vampyrs beating on me,
and my partner (emp/dark defender), I noticed her status bars
dropping like mad.

I un-exemped.

Then went 800 pound gorilla on them.

She came too close to debt for that mission.

When I finally got out from behind the destructo-device, there were 9
vamps standing in the room, and my friend was hovering as far from
them as she could.

This is defeinatly a mission for 2 tanks, 2 controllers, 1 defender,
and as much fire-power you can get.

But, the vamps are good for the badge, which after we bounced out of
there, it only took about 20 more to get the badge (for me at least,
she says she has about an inch left).

"Scorcho" <toxaristhrasoe@yahoo.com> wrote in

> Shenanigunner wrote:
>> ...at least, I think it's new, since it's Council. If it's a rewrite
> of
>> an older 5th mission, nevah mind.
>>
>> I went to Stephanie Peebles in Striga (the starting contact for
> everyone
>> in that zone), who said I had exceeded her level and send me to Long
>> Jack, who said the same thing and sent me to Mario somebody, who is
>> standing like an idiot in the middle of a graveyard full of Council
>> Wolves. :)
>>

> How do you find Stephanie Peebles? I've been to Striga a couple time
> and I'm darned if I can locate her.

Copy and paste this into excel (it's tabbed, so it might work)

Contacts Zone X Y Z
Stephanie Peebles Striga Isle -246.0 0.0 48.2
Long Jack Striga Isle -954.0 -25.5 -824.3
Tobias Hansen Striga Isle -2565.8 -32.0 -2385.2
Ernesto Hess Striga Isle -6557.6 78.9 279.3
Lars Hansen Striga Isle -497.7 81.6 -2359.6
Karsis The Hollows 684.0 -32.0 -59.8

J Anlee <janlee@ameritech.net> wrote:
> Be real careful when you get by the machine. I jumped into the room,
> and ended up either inside it, or stuck behind it. All I could do was
> hit whatever was closest, as I could not see anything except the grey
> metal of the case that filled my 19" screen at 1280x1024.

Ditto. After the first one, I realized it didn't matter; I just tagged
the machine, revved up, hit F-ollow and started dealing damage. I didn't
have to see anything but the blur of the machine as I pounded and Burned;
destroying it was job 1 and the zombies were job 2.

But yes, it's a bug, IMHO and this mission is so messed up it shouldn't
have been released. I guess I'll have to put together a picked team and
go clear it anyway.

My plan is to SS into that main room, clear a corner, tp in the rest of
the team (starting with a tp healer I know), and then make very
coordinated attacks on each set of cans. After popping over to take out
the adjacent guns.

> You can get back, it's just really hard if you don't have
> fly/hover/super jump. And since the map was busted, you REALLY have
> to remember the way out.

I had enough of the map to see the way out, but how do you get up those
two chutes without h/f/sj? My tp/healer has Flight as well, so we could
get out using him as anchor, but otherwise it's a complete-or-die mission
for most types.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
-= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 7 Natural Tanker, Inv/Stone, H =-

Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> looked up from reading the
say:

>...at least, I think it's new, since it's Council. If it's a rewrite of
>an older 5th mission, nevah mind.

It's completely new since it's a new zone.

>I went to Stephanie Peebles in Striga (the starting contact for everyone
>in that zone), who said I had exceeded her level and send me to Long
>Jack, who said the same thing and sent me to Mario somebody, who is
>standing like an idiot in the middle of a graveyard full of Council
>Wolves. :)

Wow, and exact mirror of my experience with those contacts.

>Third mission from him is a *doozy*. You have to go into a Council lab
>where they are making Vampyri. At level 29, bumped up to "Rugged" on the
>mission slider, destroying each of the transformation capsules generated
>a whopping 2500 XP. And there are plenty of yellow/orange foes to go
>around.

Think I was level 38 going into this one, but i'd maxed my difficulty
slider.

>However, the mission appears to be buggy, and some heads-ups:
>
>1) The maps are incomplete. I don't know if this is deliberate or not,
>but the maps draw in only for the corridors, not for each of the VERY
>complex, multilevel rooms.

Horrible - at first I thought the mapper had screwed up and had the map
go off the edge (seen in some old missions with big map and especially
with tunnels.)

>2) You have to destroy all the zombies each capsule produces to complete
>its destruction.

Zombies?? Vampyrs!

>3) Some of the capsules come two to a room and aggro, thus producing
>zombies, at the same time.

I had 2 in one small room, and a group of 3 fairly near each other out
in the open - made for some major Vampyr hordes.
Thankfully Vampyrs like using melee attacks and closed up tight, letting
invincibility actually help.

>4) Some capsules produced yellows, others produced oranges... and it was
>when I ran into a dual orange-maker set that I had to bail.

Orange/Red for me. Fun Fun Fun

>5) Oh, yes, bailing... you can't. You go in the door to a small chamber
>with a chute you drop down. You're in another small chamber with a chute.
>You drop down into the main mission map. There is no way back, that I
>could find. It's complete or die.

Oh I dunno, when I finished, I flew back to the entrance instead of just
clicking out. It's all about the power choices.

>I destroyed about six of the nine capsules and racked up an incredible
>amount of XP and enhancements, but had to run to a quiet spot and quit
>when the double-orange-crush machine started running. I don't think I
>could finish this one solo, so I'm going back in (with great glee)
>tonight.

Nine? I only got 8 <pout>.

>I /bugged the incomplete map.

As did I. Pretty shoddy that this map ever made it live.

Xocyll

Graham Zaretsky <grahamz@ameritech.net> wrote:
> I recently got an incomplete map on a DE mission for my 39 scrapper. I
> couldn't finish the mission because there were other mobs, and a
> visible glowie beyond a hallway that just 'ends in nothingness'.
> I bugged it and got a response that they are working on it. So
> whatever the problem is, its not isolated to the Striga Island
> missions.

Yeah, the problem is "Compiles... can get through door... it's live." These
aren't itsy-bitsy bugs, they're badly flawed maps and components.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Shenanigunner: Level 29.8 Natural Tanker, Fire/SS, M =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
-= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 7 Natural Tanker, Inv/Stone, H =-

On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 22:57:52 GMT, Graham Zaretsky
<grahamz@ameritech.net> wrote:

>I recently got an incomplete map on a DE mission for my 39 scrapper. I
>couldn't finish the mission because there were other mobs, and a
>visible glowie beyond a hallway that just 'ends in nothingness'.
> I bugged it and got a response that they are working on it. So
>whatever the problem is, its not isolated to the Striga Island
>missions.

follow up to this -- a GM contacted me in-game and wanted to know the
contact that gave it to me -- so just letting you know that when you
bug this type of thing, be sure to supply that info. Also, I
mentioned to the GM that if the mission wasn't going to be fixed any
time soon, that they either remove it from my mission book, or mark it
as complete. They ended up giving me full credit for completing it.

Obviously, I'd have prferred being able to complete the mission
myself, but at least the in-game customer service continues to impress
me. Too bad its to compensate for improper testing.

-Graham

Graham Zaretsky <grahamz@ameritech.net> looked up from reading the
say:

>On Sun, 09 Jan 2005 22:57:52 GMT, Graham Zaretsky
><grahamz@ameritech.net> wrote:
>
>>I recently got an incomplete map on a DE mission for my 39 scrapper. I
>>couldn't finish the mission because there were other mobs, and a
>>visible glowie beyond a hallway that just 'ends in nothingness'.
>> I bugged it and got a response that they are working on it. So
>>whatever the problem is, its not isolated to the Striga Island
>>missions.
>
>follow up to this -- a GM contacted me in-game and wanted to know the
>contact that gave it to me -- so just letting you know that when you
>bug this type of thing, be sure to supply that info. Also, I
>mentioned to the GM that if the mission wasn't going to be fixed any
>time soon, that they either remove it from my mission book, or mark it
>as complete. They ended up giving me full credit for completing it.

I generally give the mission giver's name, a brief description of what
the mission is, and whatever the bug I encountered is.

The bug/petition form is WAY too small!

Xocyll

On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:54:28 -0500, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:

> The bug/petition form is WAY too small!

That's why I try to give a capsule of it in the form, then reply to
the email this automatically generates with a fuller description.

--
Chris Meadows aka | Homepage: http://www.terrania.us
Robotech_Master |
| http://www.terrania.us/conga.html

Robotech_Master <robotech@eyrie.org> looked up from reading the entrails
of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:54:28 -0500, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
>
>> The bug/petition form is WAY too small!
>
>That's why I try to give a capsule of it in the form, then reply to
>the email this automatically generates with a fuller description.

Oddly enough I have _never_ gotten an email from this.
The form is all the space they seem to want to give me and it is far too
small for a detailed description of the bug (IE one that will actually
help them track it down.)

Xocyll

Xocyll wrote:

>>> Zombies?? Vampyrs!
>>
>>Ugly undead guys. Happy? :)
>
> It is an important distinction. 5th/council aren't undead at all,
> they're a deliberate mutation/transformation _called_ vampyrs.
> The only undead are Vahzilok.

And they're more scientifically-animated corpses than undead.

I'd say the Banished Pantheon zombies are more traditional undead.
Perhaps the CoT spirits as well.

--
John Parkinson

In article <urv7u0518473l6j438jjkfgnalh18a8rdk@4ax.com>, Xocyll wrote:
> Robotech_Master <robotech@eyrie.org> looked up from reading the entrails
> of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:
>
>>On Mon, 10 Jan 2005 11:54:28 -0500, Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
>>
>>> The bug/petition form is WAY too small!
>>
>>That's why I try to give a capsule of it in the form, then reply to
>>the email this automatically generates with a fuller description.
>
> Oddly enough I have _never_ gotten an email from this. The form
> is all the space they seem to want to give me and it is far too
> small for a detailed description of the bug (IE one that will
> actually help them track it down.)

I wish they'd tell me what basic information is automatically
generated with my bug report, so I don't waste telling them stuff
they already get.

--
Neil Cerutti
We really didn't deserve to win. They didn't either. It should

John Parkinson <jp--usenet--spam--trap@destiny.org.uk> wrote:

>>> Ugly undead guys. Happy? :)

>> It is an important distinction. 5th/council aren't undead at all,
>> they're a deliberate mutation/transformation _called_ vampyrs.
>> The only undead are Vahzilok.

> And they're more scientifically-animated corpses than undead.
>
> I'd say the Banished Pantheon zombies are more traditional undead.
> Perhaps the CoT spirits as well.

*Sigh*. Which PC comedy clubs do you have to visit, in what order, to get
the Chuckles the Clown Humor Alert badge?

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
-= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 7 Natural Tanker, Inv/Stone, H =-

Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> wrote:
>*Sigh*. Which PC comedy clubs do you have to visit, in what order, to get
>the Chuckles the Clown Humor Alert badge?

King's Row, Skyway City, Talos Island, Founders Falls. You also need to
defeat 50 "Stand-Up Comedian" minions from the Carnival of Shadows.

-R

--
Rob Wynne / The Autographed Cat / doc@america.net
http://www.autographedcat.com/ / http://autographedcat.livejournal.com/

Neil Cerutti <neil.cerutti@tds.net> looked up from reading the entrails
of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>In article <urv7u0518473l6j438jjkfgnalh18a8rdk@4ax.com>, Xocyll wrote:
>> Robotech_Master <robotech@eyrie.org> looked up from reading the entrails
>> of the porn spammer to utter "The Augury is good, the signs say:

>>>That's why I try to give a capsule of it in the form, then reply to
>>>the email this automatically generates with a fuller description.
>>
>> Oddly enough I have _never_ gotten an email from this. The form
>> is all the space they seem to want to give me and it is far too
>> small for a detailed description of the bug (IE one that will
>> actually help them track it down.)
>
>I wish they'd tell me what basic information is automatically
>generated with my bug report, so I don't waste telling them stuff
>they already get.

As would I.
Ran into a show stopper last night.
Timed mission to save a crey lab from council. I get to the third floor
and the map is broken - one of the corridors dead-ends in blackness, and
on the other side of the blackness was the back of one of those stub
dead-end corridors.

Of course I could see the flashy item containing the data I had to save
through ther blackness.

I KNOW I did the 5th version of this mission with Shadeling, so this is
a mission that they broke with issue 3. It's not alone apparently
since 2 days ago someone was broadcasting a warning not to talk a
certain timed Sky Raider mission from a particular contact since it's
map was broken making it unfinishable.

Xocyll

Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
> I KNOW I did the 5th version of this mission with Shadeling, so this
> is a mission that they broke with issue 3. It's not alone apparently
> since 2 days ago someone was broadcasting a warning not to talk a
> certain timed Sky Raider mission from a particular contact since it's
> map was broken making it unfinishable.

I finally finished the mission this thread started with - leveled up on it,
so it was pretty easy. Still not fixed. Was good for a fair amount of XP
even leveled down and with my rating back at Hardboiled. (I went back to
Rugged after clearing this mission.)

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Shenanigunner: Level 30.5 Natural Tanker, Fire/SS, M =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
-= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 7 Natural Tanker, Inv/Stone, H =-

Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> looked up from reading the
say:

>Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
>> I KNOW I did the 5th version of this mission with Shadeling, so this
>> is a mission that they broke with issue 3. It's not alone apparently
>> since 2 days ago someone was broadcasting a warning not to talk a
>> certain timed Sky Raider mission from a particular contact since it's
>> map was broken making it unfinishable.
>
>I finally finished the mission this thread started with - leveled up on it,
>so it was pretty easy. Still not fixed.

At least this map is only semi-broken - in that parts of it won't show
up on the in-game map, while you can still actually walk over all the
bits.

>Was good for a fair amount of XP
>even leveled down and with my rating back at Hardboiled. (I went back to
>Rugged after clearing this mission.)

Damn nice exp for me on this one, I just wish the spawned vampyrs had
been worth exp, but no it's the behemoth portals all over again..

Xocyll

Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
> Damn nice exp for me on this one, I just wish the spawned vampyrs had
> been worth exp, but no it's the behemoth portals all over again..

No big deal if you take out each capsule quickly enough. I use Burn while
I'm pounding, which takes out some of the vamps and weakens the rest for
when I'm done. I never did encounter a room with three capsules, though -
there were two pairs, one pair kind of close together (easy to avoid
aggroing the second) and two singles. Or was it one pair and four
singles?

I ran into another broken mission, too - capture or defeat two recent DE
converts. It's a board train mission, and you end up in what looks like a
section of Talos's small islands. Went in, red bosses too tough, went out
and dropped to Rugged, went back in, got one boss, went out for Insps
(damn DE bosses hammer me)... and when I came back, I was dropped way off
the map. Took me a while to figure it out, but I made it around to the
red entry zone and managed to tp into it. Went back into the mission, got
the other boss, found the glowie, all done. /stuck didn't work because it
kept returning me to the same bogus starting point.

--
-= Victory Server =-
-= Sgt Glory B: Level 16 Tech Blaster, Electric/Energy, F =-
-= Duke Miasma: Level 8 Science Controller, Grav/Force, H =-
-= the Nonpareil: Level 7 Magic Defender, Emp/Rad, F =-
-= Mean Mr Mustard: Level 7 Natural Tanker, Inv/Stone, H =-

Shenanigunner <nsp@nitrosyncretic.kom> looked up from reading the
say:

>Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote:
>> Damn nice exp for me on this one, I just wish the spawned vampyrs had
>> been worth exp, but no it's the behemoth portals all over again..
>
>No big deal if you take out each capsule quickly enough. I use Burn while
>I'm pounding, which takes out some of the vamps and weakens the rest for
>when I'm done. I never did encounter a room with three capsules, though -
>there were two pairs, one pair kind of close together (easy to avoid
>aggroing the second) and two singles. Or was it one pair and four
>singles?
>
>I ran into another broken mission, too - capture or defeat two recent DE
>converts. It's a board train mission, and you end up in what looks like a
>section of Talos's small islands. Went in, red bosses too tough, went out
>and dropped to Rugged, went back in, got one boss, went out for Insps
>(damn DE bosses hammer me)... and when I came back, I was dropped way off
>the map. Took me a while to figure it out, but I made it around to the
>red entry zone and managed to tp into it. Went back into the mission, got
>the other boss, found the glowie, all done. /stuck didn't work because it
>kept returning me to the same bogus starting point.

Now that's very odd.

I've had something similar happening for months (rarely) and happening
almost all the time since I3.
Almost every time I transition zones I end up somewhere semi-randomly on
the map or in some cases (like steel canyon) a couple blocks outside the
map.
It's not a real problem since as soon as I take so much as 1 step, i'm
back where i'm supposed to appear (usually the train), but it's damn
odd.

I've deliberately gone outside the force walls on outdoor missions,
since you can squeeze by where the temp force field meets the wall
shields up at the ledge. Makes for some funky screen shots.

Xocyll

Xocyll <Xocyll@kingston.net> wrote in

<SNIP>

> Now that's very odd.
>
> I've had something similar happening for months (rarely) and
> happening almost all the time since I3.
> Almost every time I transition zones I end up somewhere
> semi-randomly on the map or in some cases (like steel canyon) a
> couple blocks outside the map.

I've ended up under Steel Canyon several times. And in the Hollows I
got stuck under/inside a rock ledge, the bad guys could come and go,
but I was toasted real quick.

> It's not a real problem since as soon as I take so much as 1 step,
> i'm back where i'm supposed to appear (usually the train), but
> it's damn odd.

I've also had the map go screwy in Perez. Line up on Atlas or Steel,
and watch the indicator for me scream across the map faster than 6
slotted SS

> I've deliberately gone outside the force walls on outdoor
> missions, since you can squeeze by where the temp force field
> meets the wall shields up at the ledge. Makes for some funky
> screen shots.

After I completed the War Wall Defender mission, I snuck outside the
wall, and while circling it, the Rikti tried to attack me. Their shots
went through, I couldn't target them.

On Sat, 08 Jan 2005 07:08:06 GMT, J Anlee <janlee@ameritech.net>
wrote:

>Contacts Zone X Y Z
>Stephanie Peebles Striga Isle -246.0 0.0 48.2
>Long Jack Striga Isle -954.0 -25.5 -824.3
>Tobias Hansen Striga Isle -2565.8 -32.0 -2385.2
>Ernesto Hess Striga Isle -6557.6 78.9 279.3
>Lars Hansen Striga Isle -497.7 81.6 -2359.6
>Karsis The Hollows 684.0 -32.0 -59.8

Stupid question time: is there some slash command or something else
that will tell you the x, y and z coordinate you are at on a given
map? I've seen many clues give locations in terms of x, y, and z
coordinates but don't know how to utilize it. (Except for the
obvious, of course.)

- jmh