Windows 7 (pro 64bit) vs Windows XP (pro 32bit) = Am I Whining?

Status
Not open for further replies.

publicjj

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
Ok, I am whining for I still long for XP and wish our government simply buys XP and give it for all commoners on earth for free and let them use it forever or whatever.

Till last week I used Windows XP pro32bit.
Now I am using Windows 7 pro64bit. (I was never interested in Vista)

I simply had to upgrade my OS because I felt that the time has come such as, no support for XP, people leaving XP, 64bit movement, etc....

But what do one really benefit out of Win7? why is it better? more convenient? better technology? looks fancy? all BS.

Currently I am using my Win7 in a 'Classic mode' for I do not need anything Windows 7 gives.
Such as.....
1. I do not need nor care Aero, peek, shake, etc, it's for kids
2. I don't care Snap, only lazy people will use it forever
3. I do not need Windows Search, for i know how I keep my stuffs and the old search was good enough
4. I do not need big taskbar, that's space wasting, I know how to focus on my stuffs
5. Library is a ok idea but I don't need it for I have a way of my own (separating hdd for OS & Data), it's for brain deads
6. I don't need themes, i don't care fancy, do you want to show off your pretty desktop to people ?
7. I don't need gadgets, I have all handy stuffs linked close for my needs

Some comparisons,
- Windows XP used 300mb when bootup with all softwares that I use
- Windows 7 uses 1200mb when bootup with all softwares that I use, what a TRUE WASTE !!! shame on you MS
(I cannot believe that people are not mad about this !, wake up people !!!!)

- Windows XP is much more snappier and response faster, clean, plain, simple
- Windows 7 is much more elegant in a bad way, fading out, elegantly ghosting, translucently hallucinating, BS....

- Windows XP boots as much as fast as Windows 7, I think it is the same.

Of course I do acknowledge there are more convenient things for dumb people, or computer illiterate.
Of course kids will fall in love for its Aero, trasnparent yet translucent, time wasting features.
Of course some won't care the huge initial ram usage compared to XP, saying that rams are cheap nowadays. BS....

I pray OS be just simple yet light and plain !
Those who try to throw me a stone, damn you, you are a computer illiterate !
Those who agree with me, I respect for your decency and independency of self intelectual minds !

Solution
G
I agree with you very much so. I don't like all the so called fancy bells and whistles on vista nor win7 i run in classic mode "as i also did in xp" And know where all my stuff is. Still and i may be laughed at i like alot of how win95 was
G

I agree with you very much so. I don't like all the so called fancy bells and whistles on vista nor win7 i run in classic mode "as i also did in xp" And know where all my stuff is. Still and i may be laughed at i like alot of how win95 was

Solution

This is a Windows 7 help forum. The forum's purpose is to provide help for members asking for help with their Windows 7 system. The forum is not for nOObs posting flame bait like your post. Trying posting a positve thread about XP in the XP forum instead of this flame bait negative post in the Windows 7 forum. Thanks in advance for your cooperation.

Reported.

publicjj

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
badge, forgive me if you think this is a flame bait.
But it is not. And I cannot seperate positive things only to its seperate categories for my thread is about comparison.

I will be using Windows 7 from now on, ditching XP.
The only paradox that I am seeking is 'why' I had to change to Windows 7 in terms of development compared to past.

I merely hoped veterans like you might enlighten me and persuade clearly why Windows 7 is the way to go.
I am seeking help on this, on this forum, Windows 7 help forum.

Regards,
PJ

PS. Badger, I hope you'r not working for Microsoft, or are you?

htoonthura

Distinguished
May 21, 2006

Well.. if you hate win7 that much, stop using it.Use Winxp. stop whining. i understand that a few people resist change.

publicjj

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
Or do you simply regard, 'help forum' as....

1. i can't install
2. my windows is green
3. icons are missing

These are help, but also,

My writing above is also a theoretical question seeking help.

Badger, I think you love Windows 7 and Microsoft, because you're simply blocking all negative questionares....
Is your father's name, Bald Gates?

publicjj

Distinguished
May 6, 2009
WinXP is much more stable than Win95.
That is why I used WinXP. But still the plain look of Win95 was enough.

You are not discussing of anything. Stop whining on topics which you cannot meditate.

amnotanoobie

Distinguished
Aug 27, 2006
1 word, security

XP has been patched to high heaven, and somehow I think the trend wouldn't stop.

For me:
1. Aero is an "okay" addition, I could do what I originally did with XP and would probably wouldn't be looking at the transparent borders most of the time. I guess most people would be looking at the contents of the window which Aero really couldn't modify.

2. DX10/11 is not yet a "necessity", as the most you'd get are more explosions, a little bit more detailed environment, etc. Nothing really worth updating to, in the short-term.

3. I don't have cash for an SSD, so trim support is not really a big thing for me.

If you do not respect or want the opinion of others then this is not a discussion just a flamebaiting troll thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.