Problem in order to filter the scope of Group Policy accor..

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
May 24, 2005 7:42:08 AM

Hello
I have a problem to use security groups in order to distribute software
installation through group policy to the members (computers) of these groups.
I read and complete the procedure that Microsoft proposes but nothing
happened (event viewer didn’t report any error).

The articles which are related with this issue are:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;220822
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsser...
Note that the active directory domain is Windows 2000 in mixed mode.

Please advice me if there is another way to proceed or if there are
additional tasks I have to do.
Thank you in advance
Kind regards
Christos
Anonymous
May 26, 2005 10:58:33 PM

Make sure that the computers are within the scope of influence of the Group
Policy if you have it configured at a level other than domain level and
avoid using domain local groups but use global groups instead for filtering.
Use the support tools gpresult to see what Group Policies are being applied
to the computer and the last time the Group Policy was applied. Gpresult
will also show the group membership for the computer. Try configuring some
other computer configuration setting in that Group Policy to see if that
applied or not to see if the problem is related to the Group Policy or how
Software Installation is configured. The computers will also need at least
read [maybe execute?] permissions to the share that is used for the .msi
files. -- Steve

!