Microsoft Reader Activation

April 27, 2005 1:21:20 AM

I have just installed the latest version of Microsoft Reader to my Dell Axim
X50v.

I logged onto the PPC activation page, and hit the button to activate.

However, I got the following error message;

"You have an older version of Pocket PC which does not support Activation.
Activation requires Pocket PC 2002 or later."

The Axim is running 2003SE, so the error message is bogus.

Can anyone give any advice?

Thanks

Martin
Anonymous
April 27, 2005 2:52:16 PM

Martin wrote:
> I have just installed the latest version of Microsoft Reader to my
> Dell Axim X50v.
>
> I logged onto the PPC activation page, and hit the button to activate.
>
> However, I got the following error message;
>
> "You have an older version of Pocket PC which does not support
> Activation. Activation requires Pocket PC 2002 or later."

If you are using Firefox, use IE instead for the activation process. If you
are using Windows XP SP2, watch for the security warning bar on the
activation page in IE, IE will block the ActiveX control used for
activation, click on the bar and enable the blocked items.

Tony
!