Laptops Freezes at Login with Normal boot. (Safe Mode Fine)

I need some advice on this. A relative is having a problem with their laptop. When I try to boot normally, I get to the login screen and it locks up and I can't move the mouse and select a user, it just freezes. When I boot in safe mode everything works properly and I'm able to login without any problems. So i was wondering if it could be a bad driver that is causing this? Or could it be something else? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! Its 64-bit Windows 7.
3 answers Last reply
More about laptops freezes login normal boot safe mode fine
  1. gmvp said:
    I need some advice on this. A relative is having a problem with their laptop. When I try to boot normally, I get to the login screen and it locks up and I can't move the mouse and select a user, it just freezes. When I boot in safe mode everything works properly and I'm able to login without any problems. So i was wondering if it could be a bad driver that is causing this? Or could it be something else? Any help would be appreciated! Thanks! Its 64-bit Windows 7.

Hi, how many times has this happened to you? Are you forced to cold boot each time it freezes?
  2. Sorry for the delay, i just reinstalled windows on it.
  3. thats alright. so is everything going well for you now?
Ask a new question

Read More

Laptops Safe Mode Login Boot Windows 7