policy restriction

lynn

Hi,
I find that some functions in my Office application is greyed out. How can i
know if this is applied to my computer using Domain policy or local computer
policy?

thanks

"Lynn" <MarryLynn@yah00.c0m> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I find that some functions in my Office application is greyed out. How can
> know if this is applied to my computer using Domain policy or local
> computer
> policy?
>
> thanks

Use the support tool gpresult [on the install disk in the support/tools
folder] to see what Group Policies are applied to the computer/user. If you
use the /v switch you will get much more detailed information and you will
want to pipe the results of the command to a text file to read as in
gpresult /v>c:\file.txt. If the computer is XP Pro you can also use the
Resultant Set of Policy mmc snapin to find specifics of what settings are
being applied from what Group Policy. Enter mmc in the run box to bring up
Microsoft Management Console. --- Steve