evga 7900GS temp

masterboy27

Distinguished
Jan 29, 2007
Hi All,

Does anyone know what is considered the normal temp for 7900gs video card? Mine is around 68 degrees normal load. Full load is around 72 degrees.

Xzar

Distinguished
Jul 20, 2006
When mine is idling the temp varies between 44 and 51 degrees, the highest I've seen it rise to when playing a game is 66-67 degrees, but I've been playing for maybe 1-2 hours at a time at most. I remember reading on the web that anything below 100 degrees is good, seeing that the card slows down automatically when it reaches 130 degrees according to Nvidia control panel.

sarsoft

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
:D I got one too but its empty for now. Still planing for my future home entertainment built. Couple of things that struck me was the very good airflow and the neat way to do case wiring. I had all fans hooked up to a spare PSU and the 3 way adjusting fan speeds is a good thing to have. Its a bit loud on high level fan speed. Medium and Low are perfect.
I got my for $114 and some cents and including tax also from CompuUSA. I sent my mail in rebate already couple days ago.

Did you get your mail in rebate already or are you waiting to get it? If you got it how long did you wait?

TRENDING THREADS