More than one policy

If I have two policy
1: defualt policy
2: XXX policy

and no override or block inhertitance selected.
So if I had not defined something in policy 1 but I did in policy 2 will it
take affect. What I mean is example ( Computer logout after 10 minutes) is
defined in policy 2 but not in 1. Will this work.

No1 has higher presedence over 2.

The way I would like is that No1 ( default domain policy ) to be implemeted
domain wide. Since we just have one OU that shouldn't be a problem.

Then policy 2 should only apply to few computers. In filtering I have
created a group
where I have added the computer names. But for somereason policy 2 is not
applying.

Thanks.

It should work fine as long as the user/computer account is within the scope
of influence of the Group Policy and that should be shown when you run the
gpresult support tool on the computer. What setting are you talking about as
I am unfamiliar with a setting for "Computer logout after 10 minutes"?
There is a user configuration setting that can use the screen saver to lock
the desktop after a period of idle time. I also prefer to use global groups
instead of domain global groups when filtering Group Policy. Another thing
to try is instead of filtering the Group Policy is to create an OU with the
GPO configured with your settings and then move the computers you want the
Group Policy to apply to into the OU. That OU by default would still inherit
domain Group Policy settings that are not overridden by settings defined at
the OU level. --- Steve

"Jazzman" <Jazzman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I have two policy
> 1: defualt policy
> 2: XXX policy
>
> and no override or block inhertitance selected.
> So if I had not defined something in policy 1 but I did in policy 2 will
> it
> take affect. What I mean is example ( Computer logout after 10 minutes) is
> defined in policy 2 but not in 1. Will this work.
>
> No1 has higher presedence over 2.
>
> The way I would like is that No1 ( default domain policy ) to be
> implemeted
> domain wide. Since we just have one OU that shouldn't be a problem.
>
> Then policy 2 should only apply to few computers. In filtering I have
> created a group
> where I have added the computer names. But for somereason policy 2 is not
> applying.
>
> Thanks.

>Then policy 2 should only apply to few computers. In filtering I have
>created a group where I have added the computer names. But for
>somereason policy 2 is not applying.

Hi,

If I were you I would avoid setting security filtering. I have 1200
clients and have never had a reason to use it yet.

1> Create an OU for the few Computers you want to apply the setting to
and move them into it. Create the XXXGPO on that OU and make any
settings in the Computer Configuration setting. They will apply along
with any settings in the Default Domain however, in case of a conflict
the XXXGPO will take precedence.

Cheers,

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-default-ftopict541011.html