Multiplayer NWN

Hi,
I've never tried the multiplayer options in NWN and from reading some
posts and info on the Bioware site I realise I'm missing out on quite a
bit of the fun of the game.
Before I start though, there are a few questions:
1. Are there any newbie servers and how would I find them?
2. Will I need extras like the CEP?
3. As I'm still working my way through SoU (finished OC, not started
HotU) should I consider creating a new character in the OC and level him
up a bit before trying multiplayer?
4. What happens if your character dies in a multiplayer game - is it
then back to square one and create a new character?
I think that covers it for the moment. Any advice will be helpful.
Cheers
CS

--

Take the piss to mail me.
(For those that want to know who the

Central Scrutinizer wrote:
> Hi,
> I've never tried the multiplayer options in NWN and from reading some
> posts and info on the Bioware site I realise I'm missing out on quite a
> bit of the fun of the game.
> Before I start though, there are a few questions:
> 1. Are there any newbie servers and how would I find them?
> 2. Will I need extras like the CEP?
> 3. As I'm still working my way through SoU (finished OC, not started
> HotU) should I consider creating a new character in the OC and level him
> up a bit before trying multiplayer?
> 4. What happens if your character dies in a multiplayer game - is it
> then back to square one and create a new character?
> I think that covers it for the moment. Any advice will be helpful.
> Cheers
> CS

Another reason I'd like to know a bit more about multiplayer before
trying is that up to now I've only ever played games like BFV, BF1942,
UT etc. The thought of online RPG is quite unusual for an established
FPS'er.
CS

--

Take the piss to mail me.
(For those that want to know who the
Central Scrutinizer is, check out
Joe's Garage by Frank Zappa)

A good place to go for trying out multiplayer games is
www.neverwinterconnections.com there are all sorts of games there to play in
that are scheduled just have to find one that fits your time.

My game is called the Heartstone Saga that I DM
"Central Scrutinizer" <tdyl@blueyonderthepiss.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi,
> I've never tried the multiplayer options in NWN and from reading some
> posts and info on the Bioware site I realise I'm missing out on quite a
> bit of the fun of the game.
> Before I start though, there are a few questions:
> 1. Are there any newbie servers and how would I find them?
> 2. Will I need extras like the CEP?
> 3. As I'm still working my way through SoU (finished OC, not started HotU)
> should I consider creating a new character in the OC and level him up a
> bit before trying multiplayer?
> 4. What happens if your character dies in a multiplayer game - is it then
> back to square one and create a new character?
> I think that covers it for the moment. Any advice will be helpful.
> Cheers
> CS
>
> --
>
> Take the piss to mail me.
> (For those that want to know who the
> Central Scrutinizer is, check out
> Joe's Garage by Frank Zappa)

I made a server called Realm of the Dead: Heaven vs. Hell. You shall be more
than welcome to drop by some day...

1) Is it a good newbie server... Well many of my regular players will take
care of you if you tell them you never tried it before.

2) You will need NWN, SoU and HotU to get into my server. No hack packs or
CEP is needed.

3) You do not need to level up before you start because all starts as level
1. with a new character (server value) and then you get the first 4 levels
for free.

4) If you die on my server you will lose a little xp and gold, else the game
runs as before you did die...

-DM on Realm of the Dead.

EVoL wrote:
> I made a server called Realm of the Dead: Heaven vs. Hell. You shall be more
> than welcome to drop by some day...

I've also never tried online play. How do I find your server? And is
yours the kind that you can come in and out of at will, or is there a
story that everyone should stay for until it's done?

> > I made a server called Realm of the Dead: Heaven vs. Hell. You shall be
more
> > than welcome to drop by some day...
>
> I've also never tried online play. How do I find your server? And is
> yours the kind that you can come in and out of at will, or is there a
> story that everyone should stay for until it's done?

You find my server in the "story" game type. The server name is Realm of the
Dead and the module name is Heaven vs. Hell.
You can always join and leave when you want, the game do not need to restart
to get the story of my module. Only way you cannot join is if all the player
slots is filled up or if the game is near the end. If the slots is filled up
you cannot enter server. If game is near end you have to wait in a Player
Arena until restart (max. 15 min.)

EVoL wrote:
>>>I made a server called Realm of the Dead: Heaven vs. Hell. You shall be
>
> more
>
>>>than welcome to drop by some day...
>>
>>I've also never tried online play. How do I find your server? And is
>>yours the kind that you can come in and out of at will, or is there a
>>story that everyone should stay for until it's done?
>

> You find my server in the "story" game type. The server name is Realm of the
> Dead and the module name is Heaven vs. Hell.
> You can always join and leave when you want, the game do not need to restart
> to get the story of my module. Only way you cannot join is if all the player
> slots is filled up or if the game is near the end. If the slots is filled up
> you cannot enter server. If game is near end you have to wait in a Player
> Arena until restart (max. 15 min.)

Thank you, I'll look for this soon!

EVoL wrote:
>>>I made a server called Realm of the Dead: Heaven vs. Hell. You shall be
>
> more
>
>>>than welcome to drop by some day...
>>
>>I've also never tried online play. How do I find your server? And is
>>yours the kind that you can come in and out of at will, or is there a
>>story that everyone should stay for until it's done?
>

> You find my server in the "story" game type. The server name is Realm of the
> Dead and the module name is Heaven vs. Hell.
> You can always join and leave when you want, the game do not need to restart
> to get the story of my module. Only way you cannot join is if all the player
> slots is filled up or if the game is near the end. If the slots is filled up
> you cannot enter server. If game is near end you have to wait in a Player
> Arena until restart (max. 15 min.)

One quick thing: Do I need to create a character before I join, or is
that an option after joining?

Its the first thing after you join ;o)

cu online