How to publish printer

Hi I am trying to set a group policy so its automatically map the printers
they need in their Printers folders...is ipossible to that through group
policy..
Thanks

Hi Naved,

Publishing a Printer in Windows Active Directory
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q234619

br,
Denis

"Naved" <Naved@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi I am trying to set a group policy so its automatically map the printers
> they need in their Printers folders...is ipossible to that through group
> policy..
> Thanks

That's great Denis, but I think he was asking how to set a group policy so
that users don't have to perform the step you outlined a printer in Active
Directory. The Q article you refer to describes how to add a printer in
active directory.

Alan

"Denis Wong @ Hong Kong" <H_O_T_A_P_P_S_@_H_O_T_M_A_I_L_._C_O_M> wrote in
message news:OOfcbdyZFHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> Hi Naved,
>
> Publishing a Printer in Windows Active Directory
> http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q234619
>
> br,
> Denis
>
> "Naved" <Naved@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Hi I am trying to set a group policy so its automatically map the
>> printers
>> they need in their Printers folders...is ipossible to that through group
>> policy..
>> Thanks

I've been waiting for an answer to this one for years!

--
Shaune

"Alan Auld" <alanauld23@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> That's great Denis, but I think he was asking how to set a group policy so
> that users don't have to perform the step you outlined a printer in Active
> Directory. The Q article you refer to describes how to add a printer in
> active directory.
>
> Alan
>
> "Denis Wong @ Hong Kong" <H_O_T_A_P_P_S_@_H_O_T_M_A_I_L_._C_O_M> wrote in
> message news:OOfcbdyZFHA.2076@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl...
> > Hi Naved,
> >
> > Publishing a Printer in Windows Active Directory
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;Q234619
> >
> > br,
> > Denis
> >
> > "Naved" <Naved@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >> Hi I am trying to set a group policy so its automatically map the
> >> printers
> >> they need in their Printers folders...is ipossible to that through
group
> >> policy..
> >> Thanks

As far as I am aware of, there should be no builtin policy to add a printer.

Pls correct me if I am wrong.

br,
Denis