Tracking the time of a user!

Hello......

I need to track the time of the user when he logs on to the server or
domain, so that he has a limited time and it doesn't required to be
used sequentially; I mean if he has say about 10 hours then he spent 4
hours, the remaining time will be 6 hours. My real target is to monitor
his time when he logs on and recording the logon and the logoff time.
Is there an option doing that by default? or I have to write a script
to calculate the time and begins its calculation whenever the user logs
on, then stops it when the user logs off; but how can I do that? and
how can I make this script run each time say every 5 seconds or
whatever else, in order to check the time. Thus the user can use his
time in a whatever manner and whenever he wants. I'm trying to do that
in C#. NET langyuage, and I'm ready to do that in any language if the
solution resides in it. Or if you know anyone can help me or any group
manage that, or even any articles talk about that?

Thanks in advance....

If you enable auditing of "account logons" in Domain Controller Security
Policy" it will display only the time a user logs onto the domain. If you
enable auditing of "logon events" on the domain computers then events will
be recorded in the security log for when a user logs onto and logs off a
domain computer. You can use the free too Event Comb from Microsoft to scan
multiple computer logs for specific events or text strings such as a users
name. The links below may help. --- Steve

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/prodtech/windows2000/secmod144.mspx
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=KB;en-us;q248260
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;308471

"c-mos" <eng_shaima1183@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Hello......
>
> I need to track the time of the user when he logs on to the server or
> domain, so that he has a limited time and it doesn't required to be
> used sequentially; I mean if he has say about 10 hours then he spent 4
> hours, the remaining time will be 6 hours. My real target is to monitor
> his time when he logs on and recording the logon and the logoff time.
> Is there an option doing that by default? or I have to write a script
> to calculate the time and begins its calculation whenever the user logs
> on, then stops it when the user logs off; but how can I do that? and
> how can I make this script run each time say every 5 seconds or
> whatever else, in order to check the time. Thus the user can use his
> time in a whatever manner and whenever he wants. I'm trying to do that
> in C#. NET langyuage, and I'm ready to do that in any language if the
> solution resides in it. Or if you know anyone can help me or any group
> manage that, or even any articles talk about that?
>
> Thanks in advance....

Thanks so so much, I was really confused and I'm searching in any
where to find an answer to my question. Your answer is in time, so I
don't have only to say a great thanks to you.

May Allah protect you.