Gigabyte DQ6 suggestions

KindaPuzzled

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2007
Thank you for reading this post.

I am confused by memory specs. I plan to purchase a DQ6 shortly and am trying to pair it up with DDR2-800 memory that will do a good job.

If I understand it, as long as I can flash the board to BIOS F4 or greater, I should be able to run memory greater than the 1.8V standard imposed upon P965 motherboards. Is this understanding fundamentally correct?

With that in mind, has anyone found memory that they feel comfortable recommending for the DQ6? I've searched the forums and though I've seen the question posed a number of times, I've never seen anyone post the results of their purchase. Did things turn out grand? Are they satisfied by their memory selection? What brand/model of memory did they finalize upon?

Again, thank you for sharing your wisdom and experience. It is sincerely appreciated.

wallis

Distinguished
Jul 4, 2006
these 2 memory modules i know work well with the DQ6

Corsair 2GB DDR2 XMS2-6400C4 TwinX

GeIL PC6400C4 800MHz Ultra Low Latency DDR2 Dual Channel Kit (GX22GB6400UDC)

i am currently running a Gigabyte Ds4 Mobo which is the same mobo as the DQ6, im running the Geil PC6400C4 800MHz Ultra Low Latency ram and its running flawlessely.

theres a sticker on the ram that says for best results put voltage to 2.1v.

the mobo came with bios F5 and booted ok with vdimm at 1.8v but i raised it at the first opportunity.

the DS4 and the DQ6 are practically the same mobo

this thread might help you too

http://forums.overclockers.co.uk/showthread.php?t=17636047

its an early thread. and i hear most of the ram niggles with these boards cleared up after bios revision F3

hope that helps