Deleting Temp Internet FIles

Hi, I've got a bit of a problem with my the disk on terminal server
filling up due to to huge user profiles. I've recently set the IE cache
size limit restiction using a custom GPO and while this will keep the
problem from getting any worse, it does not solve the original issue.

I've done an extensive search and haven't found anything built into GP
that will allow me to flush the temp files folder very easily. Does
anyone out there have a custom solution? I'd prefer to use GP over a
script if possible.

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about deleting temp internet files

    "Burns Waggener" wrote:
    > Hi, I've got a bit of a problem with my the disk on terminal
    > server
    > filling up due to to huge user profiles. I've recently set the
    > IE cache
    > size limit restiction using a custom GPO and while this will
    > keep the
    > problem from getting any worse, it does not solve the original
    > issue.
    >
    > I've done an extensive search and haven't found anything built
    > into GP
    > that will allow me to flush the temp files folder very easily.
    > Does
    > anyone out there have a custom solution? I'd prefer to use GP
    > over a
    > script if possible.
    >
    > Thanks.

    Hi,

    That is very strange. By Default Temporary Internet Files are stored
    in the "Local Settings" section of the Profile with Windows 2000/XP
    and therefore don’t roam. They are stored locally on each machine and
    don’t upload to the server on logoff.

    Large Profiles are ususally caused by a Bloated Application Data
    folder. I know there are many software programs out there that dump
    hugh amounts of files into the Application Data. Macromedia and Adobe
    are two of the biggest offenders.

    To keep the profiles size down, use Folder Redirection and redirect
    the Application Data to a share on the server. You might be able to
    take away users write access to it, but it may affect some programs.

    Personally I use mandatory roaming profiles so they delete on logoff
    and I can have 1200 users using one profile.

    Cheers,

    Lara

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-Deleting-Temp-Internet-FIles-ftopict542082.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1712100