best way to remove local policies

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 6, 2005 11:39:47 AM

Hi there ,
We have deployed our xp desktops with local group policies via our
desktop image. We have now completely moved across to Windows 2003 AD
and want to start using AD GPO’s rather than the local policies. What
is the easiest way to remove the local GPO’s across our desktops. Can
we just delete/rename the \windows\system32\Group Policy folder on
the desktops? Is there an easier way - eg use a domain GPO to remove
or not process the local policies. I know the domain GPO’s overwrite
the local policies - but i would either get rid of them completely or
ignore them completely.

Thanks in advance - Duncan

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-remove-local-...
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1711483

More about : remove local policies

Anonymous
June 6, 2005 12:22:43 PM

On 6 Jun 2005 07:39:47 -0400, pring <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote:

>Hi there ,
>We have deployed our xp desktops with local group policies via our
>desktop image. We have now completely moved across to Windows 2003 AD
>and want to start using AD GPO’s rather than the local policies. What
>is the easiest way to remove the local GPO’s across our desktops. Can
>we just delete/rename the \windows\system32\Group Policy folder on
>the desktops? Is there an easier way - eg use a domain GPO to remove
>or not process the local policies. I know the domain GPO’s overwrite
>the local policies - but i would either get rid of them completely or
>ignore them completely.
>
>Thanks in advance - Duncan

You can delete them from the folder, or deny access to Authenticated Users or Everyone
!