  • Windows
Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
a b 8 Security
June 7, 2005 7:38:25 AM

I have placed a Security Group witihin an OU and applied a User GP
object to that OU that will run a script to map a drive - phheeww -
sorry bit long winded.

However, the script does not run. Does GP run against user groups
within OUs?

Thank you.

FunkyNerd

--
funkynerd
funkynerd's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=2032

More about : group policy security group

Anonymous
a b 8 Security
June 7, 2005 12:39:36 PM

Sorry, no. The user accounts must reside in the OU to which you've attached
the policy. You can use the security groups to filter the policy (using the
security tab), but that's about it.

Ken