Group Policy to a Security Group

I have placed a Security Group witihin an OU and applied a User GP
object to that OU that will run a script to map a drive - phheeww -
sorry bit long winded.

However, the script does not run. Does GP run against user groups
within OUs?

Thank you.

FunkyNerd

--
funkynerd
funkynerd's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=2032

    Sorry, no. The user accounts must reside in the OU to which you've attached
    the policy. You can use the security groups to filter the policy (using the
    security tab), but that's about it.

    Ken

    "funkynerd" <funkynerd.1q92sx@no-mx.msusenet.com> wrote in message

    > I have placed a Security Group witihin an OU and applied a User GP
    > object to that OU that will run a script to map a drive - phheeww -
    > sorry bit long winded.
    >
    > However, the script does not run. Does GP run against user groups
    > within OUs?
    >
    > Thank you.
    >
    > FunkyNerd
    >

    > --
    > funkynerd
    > funkynerd's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=2032

    Thank you - looks like I'll have to rethink!

    --
    funkynerd
    funkynerd's Profile: http://www.msusenet.com/member.php?userid=2032

Policy Security Microsoft Windows