  • Hardware
  • Hardware Problem
  • Windows XP
February 18, 2005 9:34:14 PM

I temporarily removed my network adapter card and after I reinstalled
it, the Add New Hardware wizard starts. I cancelled that and the driver
appeared in Device Manager and the network works fine. Every time I
start Windows, the New Hardware wizard starts, but there does not seem
to be any way to tell it that the hardware is already installed. How can
I turn it off??
I am running Windows XP Pro SP2 and the network card is a CNET PRO200WL
PCI.
Thanks for any assistance.

More about : add hardware problem

Anonymous
February 19, 2005 12:42:11 AM

Go into device manager (start->run->devmgmt.msc) and delete the NIC. Reboot
the machine and let the hardware wizard do it's thing.

--
Walter Clayton

"Ken Gash" <kgash@cox.net> wrote in message
>I temporarily removed my network adapter card and after I reinstalled
> it, the Add New Hardware wizard starts. I cancelled that and the driver
> appeared in Device Manager and the network works fine. Every time I
> start Windows, the New Hardware wizard starts, but there does not seem
> to be any way to tell it that the hardware is already installed. How can
> I turn it off??
> I am running Windows XP Pro SP2 and the network card is a CNET PRO200WL
> PCI.
> Thanks for any assistance.
Anonymous
February 21, 2005 10:31:24 AM

In article <eLGDjyiFFHA.2824@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl>, w-
claytonNO@SPmvpsAM.org says...
> Go into device manager (start->run->devmgmt.msc) and delete the NIC. Reboot
> the machine and let the hardware wizard do it's thing.

Thanks, I did that and the problem appears to be solved.
!