Policy for Default Removable Drive

Is there a way to set the default Drive letter for a Removable drive. I am
having to reset the drive letter because of Drive Mappings. I am not
willing to change the drive mappings.

James

"James Robetson" wrote:
>Is there a way to set the default Drive letter for a Removable drive.

>I am having to reset the drive letter because of Drive Mappings. I
am
>not willing to change the drive mappings.

Yes, it is easy. Plug in the Removable Drive to the computer. Go into
Disk Management (right click my computer - manage - Disk Management)
Right Click the Removable Drive in the list and choose "change drive
letter". Change to something else. The next time the drive will be
plugged into this machine, it will pickup the same drive letter you
assigned.

You will have to do this once for each machine you plug the removable
drive into though.

I have done this successfully with the Multi Card Readers that roam
about.

Cheers,

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-Default-Removable-Drive-ftopict543464.html