Using Domain/Local GPO to lock down computer

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
June 8, 2005 11:03:11 PM

I have one W2k Pro SP4 client computer that will automatically logon when
started up. I need this computer to run only one application. I would
like to do the following to this client:

* Remove the "Start" button OR all items in the "Start" menu except for
"Programs"
* Remove all desktop icons except for the program application shortcut
* Disable "CTRL+ALT+DELETE"
* Disable right-clicking

In other words, lock it down so only the app shortcut can be clicked on.

Can this be done via Domain GPO/Local Security settings? I have researched
but have had no luck as of yet.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Jason
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 6:36:10 AM

>I have one W2k Pro SP4 client computer that will automatically logon
>when started up. I need this computer to run only one application. I
>would like to do the following to this client:
>
>* Remove the "Start" button OR all items in the "Start" menu
except
>for
>"Programs"
>* Remove all desktop icons except for the program application
shortcut

>* Disable "CTRL+ALT+DELETE"
>* Disable right-clicking
>
>Can this be done via Domain GPO/Local Security settings? I have
>researched but have had no luck as of yet.

Hi,

Are you running Active Directory with Group Policies. This can be done
pretty much using Group Policy settings. There is a setting to hide
all icons on desktop, disable ctrl-alt-del and remove all ability to
logoff or shutdown as well as disable right click.

However, if you are not in a domain it will be quite a bit more
tricky.

Cheers,

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-Domain-Local-...