OTA Antenna Question

Last response: in Home Theatre
June 9, 2004 2:55:45 PM

Thinging of picking up the LG lst3510a,.
For OTA, am I right in thinking all I need for like my HD (CSI etc), abc.
cbs, is a uhf for 30 miles, or should I get the Vhf combo ?

I'm with Cable now, and don't like there atlantic 8000 for Regular TV.

--
NEVER approach a PC thinking "This will only take 5 minutes"

More about : ota antenna question

Anonymous
June 9, 2004 2:55:46 PM

"Joe H" <JoeT@mailpuppy.com> wrote in message
> Thinging of picking up the LG lst3510a,.
> For OTA, am I right in thinking all I need for like my HD (CSI etc), abc.
> cbs, is a uhf for 30 miles, or should I get the Vhf combo ?
>
> I'm with Cable now, and don't like there atlantic 8000 for Regular TV.
>

> --
> NEVER approach a PC thinking "This will only take 5 minutes"

It really depends on what frequencies the stations are broadcasting. Some
are VHF. Some are UHF. I have an old combo Radio Shack that works fine from
Channel 10 to Channel 45.

Bearman
Anonymous
June 9, 2004 5:13:41 PM

Joe H wrote:
> Thinging of picking up the LG lst3510a,.
> For OTA, am I right in thinking all I need for like my HD (CSI etc),
> abc. cbs, is a uhf for 30 miles, or should I get the Vhf combo ?
>
> I'm with Cable now, and don't like there atlantic 8000 for Regular TV.

go to antennaweb.org and see what type of antenna they recommend.

--
David G.
Related resources

The Frequnces are 51, 21, 53, 42 41, for UHF, they do have VHF, But I get
those on TW Cable

--

"David G." <david_please_dont_email_me@i_hate_spam.com> wrote in message
> Joe H wrote:
> > Thinging of picking up the LG lst3510a,.
> > For OTA, am I right in thinking all I need for like my HD (CSI etc),
> > abc. cbs, is a uhf for 30 miles, or should I get the Vhf combo ?
> >
> > I'm with Cable now, and don't like there atlantic 8000 for Regular TV.
>
> go to antennaweb.org and see what type of antenna they recommend.
>
> --
> David G.

Anonymous
June 9, 2004 9:20:53 PM

Joe H wrote:

> Thinging of picking up the LG lst3510a,.
> For OTA, am I right in thinking all I need for like my HD (CSI etc), abc.
> cbs, is a uhf for 30 miles, or should I get the Vhf combo ?
>
> I'm with Cable now, and don't like there atlantic 8000 for Regular TV.
>
> --
> NEVER approach a PC thinking "This will only take 5 minutes"

Joe:

You ask a very good question.... Buy a UHF or VHF OTA antenna......

Right now the Green Bay area had ALL it's Digital Tv & HDTV
programing on UHF.... Channels 23, 56, 51, 41, 42, 59, & 21...

These UHF station work best with a Small YAGI or a $25 4 bay bow
tie
UHF antenna... Fleet Farm or Channel Master (3021) have 4
bay
bow tie units... 4 bay bow ties does 40 miles from Wausau
(Rib Mtn) to
Wisconsin Rapids quite well...

Now the question 3 or 4 years down the road.... Will the HDTV
stations
give up their UHF or VHF frequency when Analog TV disappears????
If final FCC channels are 7 thru 49... We then may need combo
Antennas for
(OTA) over the air HDTV reception...
Anonymous
June 9, 2004 10:02:03 PM

"Joe H" <JoeT@mailpuppy.com> wrote in message
: Thinging of picking up the LG lst3510a,.
: For OTA, am I right in thinking all I need for like my HD (CSI etc),
abc.
: cbs, is a uhf for 30 miles, or should I get the Vhf combo ?

===================
Combo
==================
:
: I'm with Cable now, and don't like there atlantic 8000 for Regular TV.
:
:
:
: --
: NEVER approach a PC thinking "This will only take 5 minutes"
:
:
Anonymous
June 10, 2004 1:00:36 AM

Thanks Much.
Fleet Farm, I'll have to try them, if they don't have what you need, you
don't need it. I guess Lowes carry's them, but we don't have one here.

While I had the Dish (20 Hours) , On a HD Channel They were talking about HD
and more of it, and the TV Nets don't want to, as it would be too costly,
and sounds like they might get by with it if I understood it. The Main
Speaker said: Well then what can we do so you can make more money ? They
said it isn't the money really, it's Bla, Bla, !

--

!