x1950 pro with no temp monitoring

randomizer

Champion
I just bought a powercolor x1950 pro and it seems to be running fine (but noisily). After installing ati tray tools I could not check the temp of the card or play around with the fan speed. It doesnt even detect the temp probe or fan control ability. The same happens for ati tool (theres no fan menu). This card does have fan control doesnt it? In any case I know I should be able to monitor temps. The fan is running full speed constantly I think (since it never changes sound and is quite noisy), so I guess its as cool as it can get, but I dont want it running full in windows. Any ideas? Havent tried CCC yet, since I DL'd the 7.1 drivers without it. Surely I dont need CCC (please say no).

sarsoft

Distinguished
Nov 8, 2006
Not sure. When i had my x1900xtx i used preaty much atitool... and couple of times ati tray tools.

I currently have two 8800's and i use Everest to get temps on both of the gpu's. You can try Everest.

Best of luck.

Datman

Distinguished
Nov 20, 2004
In Ati Tray Tools
Try the System Tray Hardware Monitoring.
Tick enable hardware monitoring & GPU show in system tray

Does AtiTool's temp work/show on the X1950Pro?

randomizer

Champion
I didnt check the CD coz I used the latest drivers, as well as trying the omega version. With and without CCC. Oh and when I enable system tray monitoring, the GPU temp section remains greyed out.

cal7

Distinguished
Jan 23, 2007
I had a GeCube X1950 Pro and it didnt show any temps at all.It just happens that some manufacturers doesnt have temp sensors on the card 8O weird but thats official from GeCube at least.

Guilles

Distinguished
Dec 5, 2006
Ive got a MSI x1950 pro - I hava temperature displays in both ATI tool and the catalist drivers. the card actualy has 2 temperature that is displayed - the GPU temperature and an separate temp chip - I imagine that the manufacturer s can omit the temp chip but as far as i know the gpu temp sensor should be monitorable