Disk defragmenter

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
June 10, 2005 1:30:57 PM

I saw an article on how to use a scheduled task and group policy to run disk
defragmenter on workstations but I can't seem to find it now. Has anyone done
this?

More about : disk defragmenter

Anonymous
June 23, 2005 8:06:57 PM

Hi Ron,

This is possible on Windows XP, but should be not possible without third
party tools on Windows 2000.

How to Automate Disk Defragmenter Using Task Scheduler Tool in Windows XP
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555098

br,
Denis

"Ron" <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I saw an article on how to use a scheduled task and group policy to run
disk
> defragmenter on workstations but I can't seem to find it now. Has anyone
done
> this?
Anonymous
June 23, 2005 8:24:06 PM

Hi Ron,

Third party way to defrag in Windows 2000.

http://www.windowsitpro.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleI...

!