Disk defragmenter

I saw an article on how to use a scheduled task and group policy to run disk
defragmenter on workstations but I can't seem to find it now. Has anyone done
this?
2 answers Last reply
More about disk defragmenter

    Hi Ron,

    This is possible on Windows XP, but should be not possible without third
    party tools on Windows 2000.

    How to Automate Disk Defragmenter Using Task Scheduler Tool in Windows XP
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;555098

    br,
    Denis

    "Ron" <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I saw an article on how to use a scheduled task and group policy to run
    disk
    > defragmenter on workstations but I can't seem to find it now. Has anyone
    done
    > this?

    Hi Ron,

    Third party way to defrag in Windows 2000.

    http://www.windowsitpro.com/Articles/Index.cfm?ArticleID=8276

    br,
    Denis

    "Ron" <Ron@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > I saw an article on how to use a scheduled task and group policy to run
    disk
    > defragmenter on workstations but I can't seem to find it now. Has anyone
    done
    > this?

Policy Microsoft Windows