Disable the ability to change password using ctrl+alt+del

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
June 10, 2005 6:30:04 PM

I had a user change thier domain user password using CTRL+alt+del and
selecting the option change password in the windows security window, i have a
windows 2000 SP4 controller, the user is using windows XP SP2 and has
administrative writes on the local machine and has user in the domain.

Is thier any way to disable change password option when pressing
ctrl+alt+del using group policy? if not how can i do this.
June 10, 2005 7:44:02 PM

I FOUND IT

"tcarter" wrote:

> I had a user change thier domain user password using CTRL+alt+del and
> selecting the option change password in the windows security window, i have a
> windows 2000 SP4 controller, the user is using windows XP SP2 and has
> administrative writes on the local machine and has user in the domain.
>
> Is thier any way to disable change password option when pressing
> ctrl+alt+del using group policy? if not how can i do this.
Anonymous
June 11, 2005 4:34:11 PM

In news:9915CA4C-5613-403A-B3D7-C45599ED73D4@microsoft.com,
tcarter <tcarter@discussions.microsoft.com> typed:
> I FOUND IT
>
> "tcarter" wrote:
>
>> I had a user change thier domain user password using CTRL+alt+del and
>> selecting the option change password in the windows security window,
>> i have a windows 2000 SP4 controller, the user is using windows XP
>> SP2 and has administrative writes on the local machine and has user
>> in the domain.
>>
>> Is thier any way to disable change password option when pressing
>> ctrl+alt+del using group policy? if not how can i do this.'

You can tick the box to disallow the domain user from changing his/her own
password in ADUC...
!