Applying User Policy to specific computers...

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

Can someone check my thinking on this? I want to set a stringent policy for
my 2 receptionist's computers. My problem is that 2 of about 20 people can
login there and some of the users I do not want to disable features like
downloading from IE on their regular computer. I was looking around the
Group Policy Management counsel and if I select my User Policy that I want
to apply to certain computers, I see the Security Filtering option. Is it
that easy to just add the 2 computers there and anyone logging into to those
comptuers will be restricted?
1 answer Last reply
More about applying user policy specific computers
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.group_policy,microsoft.public.windows.group_policy (More info?)

    You can not filter user configuration by computer accounts. What you can do
    for domain computers is configure loopback processing in computer
    configuration in a Group Policy linked to an OU where a computer account
    resides and then user configuration for the Group Policy for that OU will
    apply to users logging onto those computers with a replace or merge
    configuration. The links below explain more. --- Steve

    http://support.microsoft.com/?id=231287
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/ServerHelp/0f4a0e1f-116c-472f-ac16-8d2a511d360d.mspx

    "Michael J. Davis" <mdavis@coxsmith.com> wrote in message
    > Can someone check my thinking on this? I want to set a stringent policy
    > for my 2 receptionist's computers. My problem is that 2 of about 20
    > people can login there and some of the users I do not want to disable
    > features like downloading from IE on their regular computer. I was
    > looking around the Group Policy Management counsel and if I select my User
    > Policy that I want to apply to certain computers, I see the Security
    > Filtering option. Is it that easy to just add the 2 computers there and
    > anyone logging into to those comptuers will be restricted?

Policy Computers Microsoft Windows