Password & Account Lockout Policy

I have group policy set up for Min PW Length 8 characters and lockout after 3
tries with reset after 30 minutes. Some computers in this domain reflect the
proper settings, but others are reflecting "Permit blank password" and "No
account lockout".
I'm pretty new at the AD game but I thought that a GPO applied to ALL
computers in the domain??

Hi Mark,

Make sure you are not talking about local security policy. LSP applied from
the policy set in OU.

br,
Denis

"Mark J Feller Sr" <MarkJFellerSr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:FF912108-F584-43C7-A349-222059836A9B@microsoft.com...
> I have group policy set up for Min PW Length 8 characters and lockout
after 3
> tries with reset after 30 minutes. Some computers in this domain reflect
the
> proper settings, but others are reflecting "Permit blank password" and "No
> account lockout".
> I'm pretty new at the AD game but I thought that a GPO applied to ALL
> computers in the domain??

I've yet to make the trek out to the user's site to touch his desktop.
Changes have been applied to the Default Domain Security Policy and to the
default Domain Controller Security Policy

"Denis Wong @ Hong Kong" wrote:

> Hi Mark,
>
> Make sure you are not talking about local security policy. LSP applied from
> the policy set in OU.
>
> br,
> Denis
>
> "Mark J Feller Sr" <MarkJFellerSr@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:FF912108-F584-43C7-A349-222059836A9B@microsoft.com...
> > I have group policy set up for Min PW Length 8 characters and lockout
> after 3
> > tries with reset after 30 minutes. Some computers in this domain reflect
> the
> > proper settings, but others are reflecting "Permit blank password" and "No
> > account lockout".
> > I'm pretty new at the AD game but I thought that a GPO applied to ALL
> > computers in the domain??

Hi Mark,

How to configure account policies in Active Directory
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=255550

If you make sure what you changed is account policy in default domain
policy, then if could be some of them using the cached credentails and old
policy. This could imply a networking or DNS issues.

message news:87E22327-D279-481C-BF19-92290A9D4329@microsoft.com...