Disabling Display in Terminal Server

I run terminal server 2003. I have a group policy which disables users from
changing their wallpaper. However, I was troubleshooting a users computer
and noticed they had an elaborate graphic as their background. I tried to
access the desktop properties and "Your system administrator disabled the
Display control panel." popped up. How the heck did they change the
background without having access to the Display? In addition, the "Run"
command is disabled. I searched within the profile and noticed "desktop.ini"
missing from the Start Menu\Programs\Startup folder. Would this have
something to do with it? Any assistance would be much appreciated.

Hi,

Go onto the internet and right click any picture and choose "Set as
background" OR open Paint and choose "set as background".

Cheers,

Lara

I use Mandatory Profiles and then if they have a background it deletes on
logoff. However, I actually spent a long time figuring out how to give my
users access to change their desktops with a mandatory profile.

"teenzbutler" wrote:

> I run terminal server 2003. I have a group policy which disables users from
> changing their wallpaper. However, I was troubleshooting a users computer
> and noticed they had an elaborate graphic as their background. I tried to
> access the desktop properties and "Your system administrator disabled the
> Display control panel." popped up. How the heck did they change the
> background without having access to the Display? In addition, the "Run"
> command is disabled. I searched within the profile and noticed "desktop.ini"
> missing from the Start Menu\Programs\Startup folder. Would this have
> something to do with it? Any assistance would be much appreciated.

teenzbutler explained on 13/06/2005 :
> I run terminal server 2003. I have a group policy which disables users from
> changing their wallpaper. However, I was troubleshooting a users computer
> and noticed they had an elaborate graphic as their background. I tried to
> access the desktop properties and "Your system administrator disabled the
> Display control panel." popped up. How the heck did they change the
> background without having access to the Display? In addition, the "Run"
> command is disabled. I searched within the profile and noticed "desktop.ini"
> missing from the Start Menu\Programs\Startup folder. Would this have
> something to do with it? Any assistance would be much appreciated.

by dragging a picture from internet explorer onto the desktop
this you can narrow down by only allowing bitmaps on the desktop
and off course disabling active desktop

but even then it stays possible
better way is to have a corporate wallpaper
even if it is a blank background (IYKWIM)

grtz

--
just a suggestion:

d;-p

I tried this method and it just created a shortcut to the desktop.

"chriske911" wrote:

> teenzbutler explained on 13/06/2005 :
> > I run terminal server 2003. I have a group policy which disables users from
> > changing their wallpaper. However, I was troubleshooting a users computer
> > and noticed they had an elaborate graphic as their background. I tried to
> > access the desktop properties and "Your system administrator disabled the
> > Display control panel." popped up. How the heck did they change the
> > background without having access to the Display? In addition, the "Run"
> > command is disabled. I searched within the profile and noticed "desktop.ini"
> > missing from the Start Menu\Programs\Startup folder. Would this have
> > something to do with it? Any assistance would be much appreciated.
>
> by dragging a picture from internet explorer onto the desktop
> this you can narrow down by only allowing bitmaps on the desktop
> and off course disabling active desktop
>
> but even then it stays possible
> better way is to have a corporate wallpaper
> even if it is a blank background (IYKWIM)
>
> grtz
>
> --
> just a suggestion:
>
> d;-p

I removed the users profile from both terminal servers and restored it from a
backup tape onto our fileserver. This did not work. Any advise?