Delegation of Administrative rights

Hi,

I would like to enable a sub-group of adminstrators the ability to
administer their own network as part of our domain. I would like them to be
able to add/delete users, add/remove workstations, create gpo's etc...

I don't want them to have access to all of the AD Users and Computers
structure though, just the OU that they're in. When they add users /
computers to the domain is there some way to force users/computers to go in
their OU, not the default users or computers OU?

Thanks.
2 answers Last reply
More about delegation administrative rights

    You could try using netdom.exe and a .bat script. I've done it before
    but I did not write the script and I can't find it...sorry. Maybe
    some1 else here knows how?

    "bj" wrote:
    > Hi,
    >
    > I would like to enable a sub-group of adminstrators the
    > ability to
    > administer their own network as part of our domain. I would
    > like them to be
    > able to add/delete users, add/remove workstations, create
    > gpo's etc...
    >
    > I don't want them to have access to all of the AD Users and
    > Computers
    > structure though, just the OU that they're in. When they add
    > users /
    > computers to the domain is there some way to force
    > users/computers to go in
    > their OU, not the default users or computers OU?
    >
    > Thanks.

    Hi,

    You can delegate control over the OU’s however, I haven’t figured out
    a way for computers to automatically put themselves in an OU when they
    are added to the domain. I don’t use the computers container for
    anything but I always have to move the computers added from there
    manually. You might be able to script it but I am not sure. Post your
    answer here if you figure it out.

    Cheers,

    Lara

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-Delegation-Administrative-rights-ftopict546953.html