Delegation of Administrative rights

Last response: in Windows 2000/NT
Share
June 16, 2005 7:14:07 PM

Hi,

I would like to enable a sub-group of adminstrators the ability to
administer their own network as part of our domain. I would like them to be
able to add/delete users, add/remove workstations, create gpo's etc...

I don't want them to have access to all of the AD Users and Computers
structure though, just the OU that they're in. When they add users /
computers to the domain is there some way to force users/computers to go in
their OU, not the default users or computers OU?

Thanks.
Anonymous
June 17, 2005 1:23:34 PM

You could try using netdom.exe and a .bat script. I've done it before
but I did not write the script and I can't find it...sorry. Maybe
some1 else here knows how?
Anonymous
June 20, 2005 7:37:10 PM

"bj" wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to enable a sub-group of adminstrators the
> ability to
> administer their own network as part of our domain. I would
> like them to be
> able to add/delete users, add/remove workstations, create
> gpo's etc...
>
> I don't want them to have access to all of the AD Users and
> Computers
> structure though, just the OU that they're in. When they add
> users /
> computers to the domain is there some way to force
> users/computers to go in
> their OU, not the default users or computers OU?
>
> Thanks.

Hi,

You can delegate control over the OU’s however, I haven’t figured out
a way for computers to automatically put themselves in an OU when they
are added to the domain. I don’t use the computers container for
anything but I always have to move the computers added from there
manually. You might be able to script it but I am not sure. Post your
answer here if you figure it out.

Cheers,

Lara

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-Delegation-Ad...