WordPad problem

After moving to a new computer with WinXP I transferred several
WordPad documents from my old Win95 to the new machine.

Now it seems I cannot open these docs any more. A dialoge says
"The file is Windows Word 6.0. Cannot load it."

I only have Windows softaware WordPad and NotePad available.
The same are in old machine too.

Is there any patch to do the job?
3 answers Last reply
More about wordpad problem

    Error message when you open a document file in Windows XP Service Pack 2:
    http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883090

    --
    Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
    Windows XP Shell/User

    "JanF" <badabagaskar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > After moving to a new computer with WinXP I transferred several
    > WordPad documents from my old Win95 to the new machine.
    >
    > Now it seems I cannot open these docs any more. A dialoge says
    > "The file is Windows Word 6.0. Cannot load it."
    >
    > I only have Windows softaware WordPad and NotePad available.
    > The same are in old machine too.
    >
    > Is there any patch to do the job?

    On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 15:24:53 +0530, "Ramesh, MS-MVP"
    <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote:

    >Error message when you open a document file in Windows XP Service Pack 2:
    >http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883090

    Thanks a lot! That did it!

    You're welcome :-)

    --

    > On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 15:24:53 +0530, "Ramesh, MS-MVP"
    > <ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote:
    >
    >>Error message when you open a document file in Windows XP Service Pack 2:
    >>http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883090
    >

    > Thanks a lot! That did it!

Computers Microsoft Windows XP