WordPad problem

After moving to a new computer with WinXP I transferred several
WordPad documents from my old Win95 to the new machine.

Now it seems I cannot open these docs any more. A dialoge says
"The file is Windows Word 6.0. Cannot load it."

I only have Windows softaware WordPad and NotePad available.
The same are in old machine too.

Is there any patch to do the job?

Error message when you open a document file in Windows XP Service Pack 2:
http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883090

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User

"JanF" <badabagaskar@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> After moving to a new computer with WinXP I transferred several
> WordPad documents from my old Win95 to the new machine.
>
> Now it seems I cannot open these docs any more. A dialoge says
> "The file is Windows Word 6.0. Cannot load it."
>
> I only have Windows softaware WordPad and NotePad available.
> The same are in old machine too.
>
> Is there any patch to do the job?

On Sat, 19 Feb 2005 15:24:53 +0530, "Ramesh, MS-MVP"
<ramesh@online.mvps.org> wrote:

>Error message when you open a document file in Windows XP Service Pack 2:
>http://support.microsoft.com/?kbid=883090

Thanks a lot! That did it!

You're welcome :)