RomingProfile not updated with GP settings >all users at

hi,

i have problem that roming profiles set by me are not updated with
group policy settings....

that means no synchro with roming profile users which causes the
problem that some users get all the applied settings but not all at
once....

waiting for someones reply

thanks in advance

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-RomingProfile-updated-GP-settings-gt-users-1c-ftopict546172.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1725752

"onjani" wrote:
>i have problem that roming profiles set by me are not updated with
>group policy settings....
>that means no synchro with roming profile users which causes the
>problem that some users get all the applied settings but not all at
>once....
>waiting for someones reply

Are you saying your Group Policy is not working? Roaming profiles are
not the issue as Group Policy doesn’t care if the profiles are roaming
or not.

You can check and make sure your DNS is working
http://www.sd61.bc.ca/windows2000/dns.htm . You can also make sure
that the users are in the OU’s that you put the GP’s on.

Have you tried running gpresult? It will tell you what policies have
applied.

Cheers,

Lara

"lforbes" wrote:

i have problem that roming profiles
> set by me are not updated with group policy settings....
> that means no synchro with roming profile users which causes
> the problem that some users get all the applied settings but
> not all at once....
> waiting for someones reply
>
> Are you saying your Group Policy is not working? Roaming
> profiles are not the issue as Group Policy doesn't care if the
> profiles are roaming or not.
>
> You can check and make sure your DNS is working
> http://www.sd61.bc.ca/windows2000/dns.htm . You can also make
> sure that the users are in the OU's that you put the GP's on.
>
> Have you tried running gpresult? It will tell you what
> policies have applied.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Lara

hi,

i hv another machine linux, i use that for resolving the dns

but the windows2003 server whcih i am using also can resolve the name
to ip.

the problem is only that group policy upates applies to only some
users not all the users at once....?

so, i hv changed the profile to local one and the folder remains on
the users system.

waiting for your reply