Cleaning up Local Group Policy

I have a quick question related to cleaning up local group policies. For
example, on my workstation, I at one point enabled a specific policy
setting...in the GPO Results Wizard it shows the local policy as being
applied last (I think that was the way I was reading it) but since then I
have removed the local group policy setting that I had made, the GPO Results
Wizard is still showing that a Local Group Policy is being applied; and is
confusing because I am looking to see what might still be present and can't
find any settings

My question is this...how can I clear the local group policy settings so
that the Results Wizrd does not report that any local settings might have
been applied.

Thanks
More about cleaning local group policy

    Hello,

    Thanks for posting!

    I understand that you want to clean up Local Group Policy. Based on the
    description, before we go further, please help me confirm the following
    information since the cause can occur under multiple situations.

    1. After you remove a specific policy setting, do you run "Gpupdate /force"
    in command prompt to force the update the Group policy?

    2. After you remove the specific policy setting, does the function still
    work? Additionally, you may check to see the policy through registry.
    Please refer to the following table:

    Group Policy Registry Table
    http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/
    en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/2000/server/reskit/en
    -us/regentry/GPRef.asp

    For more information, please refer to the following information:
    How esultant Set of Policy Works
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/prodtechnol/windowsserver2003/library/TechR
    ef/c145910b-cdff-4563-bc78-9e53cc49dfdd.mspx

    If there is anything that is unclear, please feel free to let me know.

    Thanks & Regards,

    Jason Tan

    Microsoft Online Partner Support

    --------------------

    "Smurfman" wrote:
    > I have a quick question related to cleaning up local group
    > policies. For
    > example, on my workstation, I at one point enabled a specific
    > policy
    > setting...in the GPO Results Wizard it shows the local policy
    > as being
    > applied last (I think that was the way I was reading it) but
    > since then I
    > have removed the local group policy setting that I had made,
    > the GPO Results
    > Wizard is still showing that a Local Group Policy is being
    > applied; and is
    > confusing because I am looking to see what might still be
    > present and can't
    > find any settings
    >
    > My question is this...how can I clear the local group policy
    > settings so
    > that the Results Wizrd does not report that any local settings
    > might have
    > been applied.
    >
    > Thanks

    Hi,

    The local group policy always applies (it is first actually). The
    reason is the Local Policy does contain some standard "necessary"
    security settings.

    The Local Policy is always overridden by the domain policy IN THE
    EVENT OF A CONFLICT. If there is no conflict then the Local Security
    Policy applies.

    Cheers,

    Lara

    Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Group-Policy-Cleaning-Local-ftopict547156.html
    Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1732413

    The policy always applies. I am not sure if there is a way to stop the local
    policy from applying or why you would want to do that. If the policy doesn't
    do anything extra, why does it matter that it is applied?

    --
    David
    "Smurfman" <smurfman@news.postalias> wrote in message
    >I have a quick question related to cleaning up local group policies. For
    > example, on my workstation, I at one point enabled a specific policy
    > setting...in the GPO Results Wizard it shows the local policy as being
    > applied last (I think that was the way I was reading it) but since then I
    > have removed the local group policy setting that I had made, the GPO
    > Results
    > Wizard is still showing that a Local Group Policy is being applied; and is
    > confusing because I am looking to see what might still be present and
    > can't
    > find any settings
    >
    > My question is this...how can I clear the local group policy settings so
    > that the Results Wizrd does not report that any local settings might have
    > been applied.
    >
    > Thanks

Policy Workstations Microsoft Windows